INSANITY BEGINS!!!

Options
Hey you guys,

I was so pleased to find this group. I have had the Insanity Discs for 2 years now and have done 17 days in one go, it is absolutely brilliant, exhausting an insane, but I never seem to be able to commit for the full 60 days, so here's hoping we can all do it together. (Not sure if this is the best way to message you all, as I am a complete technophobe and don't really know my way around this, can't even get a picture up at the mo...happy insanity!!!!

Replies

• KristiChris
    KristiChris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxy, Me too!!

I did Insanity 2 years ago and I felt great and looked great! And then with lots of unhealthy eating and laziness, I've gotten pretty squishy since then and have had a hard time staying motivated to do any kind of exercise.

Interestingly enough, the other day I came across my Insanity DVD's while digging for a shoe in my closet. Then for some reason I decided to join MFP today and happened to notice this challenge starting tomorrow. It seems like it's a sign for me to get off my butt... I'm hoping with a little accountability it will be harder for me to give up so easily this time.

Happy Insanity to you as well!
  • missmyrah
    missmyrah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    LIke KristiChris, I also came across my Insanity DVDs recently and just noticed that this will be starting tomorrow. Super-excited to finally start using these DVDs! Hope we can all encourage each other to get through the program!
  • Lisa_D1989
    Lisa_D1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I've just started Insanity today. I really hope I can stick it out to the end with everyone's support here. I tried the 30 day shred, and was unsuccessful at finishing.
    But I feel like I've gained the motivation to stick with this one.

Here's my Day 1 fit test results:
    Switch Kicks: 60
    Power Jacks: 31
    Power Knees: 69
    Power Jumps: 21
    Globe Jumps: 5
    Suicide Jumps: 8
    Push-up Jacks: 5
    Plank Obliques: 18

Pretty dismal in my opinion, but hopefully I will see some improvement in a fortnight.

And I think the main thing I'm going to battle with is eating healthily. I have a bit of a problem with binge eating at night after I've had dinner. If I put a lot of effort into these workouts though, I hopefully will not want to eat any late night snacks in fear of ruining all the hard work.

Happy Insanity!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me too! Glad I found a group of other starting today! Hoping it keeps me motivated to the end! I'm a marathon runner and doing the fit test this morning, I will say it's a completely different thing for this girl. Here are my fit test results:
    Switchback 61
    Powerjacks 41
    Powerknees 69
    Powerjumps 24
    Globe jumps 11
    Suicide jumps 12
    Push up jacks 13
    Low plank oblique 48

I'm pretty sure my form on those push ups sucked, but I'll work on getting better!
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I, too, am excited to have found this group. I am starting insanity today as soon as I finish posting this reply. I have been on this site off an on but I have never stuck to it. I am one of those people who need encouragement and motivation to work out. I get bored and sometimes just want to talk to other people going through what I am going through, My husband keeps saying that he will be my workout partner but sports take over.

I am doing this for myself and know that I need to be a self motivator but it is great to have a support group. :happy:

I will post my results of the fit test.
  • jbwww
    jbwww Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Insanity Begins,
    I'm glad to be a part of the group. My husband bought the Insanity DVD's from our niece last year. I've decided to use them since he's not using them. I'll start today!!!
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Soooo glad I found this group! I will be doing the fit test tonight and will post my initial results! eeek! :):)
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today as well. I did the first month almost 2 months ago before i found out i was pregnant. Now a year after having my daughter I am kicking my butt into gear and getting back on the Insanity wagon. :)

My results from the fit test today.
    Switchback 48
    Power jacks 30
    Power knees 65
    Power jumps 17
    Globe jumps 5
    Suicide jumps 9
    Push up jacks 10
    Low plank oblique 22

Some of my numbers are better then the last time i tried doing Insanity, some are worse and some are the same.

Have a great day everyone.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started yesterday with the fit test, but I'd like to join y'all here :) I don't have my first fit test reults on me to post though..

- Sara
  • aniluck
    aniluck Posts: 6
    Options
    Here goes to my first post on MFP ever and I'm proud to say it's for the start of my Insanity program! :)
    So I'm doing this more to get lean rather than lose weight on the scale.

My results for the test I did today are as goes:
    Switchback 78
    Power jacks 44
    Power knees 70
    Power jumps 21
    Globe jumps 6
    Suicide jumps 13
    Push up jacks 15
    Low plank oblique 53

I really hope to stick with this program just like the calendar. Shouldn't be changing my diet too much. Will also be incorporating at least a 5k run every other day.
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add my results for my Fit Test Day 1

Switch Kicks : 48
    Power Jacks: 40
    Power Knees: 60
    Power Jumps:18
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 9
    Push-Up Jacks: 19
    Low Plank Oblique: 25

I am excited to get in better shape and proud of myself and all of you for trying Insanity.
  • KristiChris
    KristiChris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, Day 1 done! Only 59 days more to go... Just imagine how good we'll look in June!

My Fit Test Results:
    Switch Kicks - 82
    Power Jacks - 44
    Power Knees - 84
    Power Jumps - 24
    Globe Jumps - 11
    Suicide Jumps - 16
    Push Up Jacks - 18
    Low Plank Obliques - 40

Good luck to everyone doing PLYO tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it goes for everyone.
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hiiii everyone! This fit test was no joke!

Here's my results...

Switch kicks: 102 (thats counting each leg as 1...is that how we're supposed to count it or is 1 R and 1 L kick equal to 1 rep?)
    Power Jacks: 46
    Power Knees: 75
    Power Jumps: 27
    Globe Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jacks: 17
    Pushup Jacks 17
    Low Plank Oblique: 45

Day 1 down...ready for tomorrow! :)
  • Lisa_D1989
    Lisa_D1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm very disappointed to write this post, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to do this. I just attempted video 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and I could no longer go on after 25 minutes. I felt physically sick and extremely exhausted.

I think I have underestimated this workout and I can't see myself turning on this video every day that I can't even complete.

I do still have a drive to get fit, so I am going to try and complete the 30 day shred first, and then maybe come back to try this workout.

I wish you guys all the best though and I'm sorry to have bailed so early.
  • xxowenscharxx
    xxowenscharxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm very disappointed to write this post, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to do this. I just attempted video 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and I could no longer go on after 25 minutes. I felt physically sick and extremely exhausted.

I think I have underestimated this workout and I can't see myself turning on this video every day that I can't even complete.

I do still have a drive to get fit, so I am going to try and complete the 30 day shred first, and then maybe come back to try this workout.

Hope you guys don't mind me joining; I actually started the middle of last week but thought it would be good for motivation for me also!
    Lisa please don't give up; you'll see the people on the DVDs get so tired out also, and they are trained to do the beachbody workouts! You have to always remember to GO AT YOUR OWN PACE and not that on the DVDs.
    What time of the day are you doing your workouts? Ive been doing mine at 7am before work, however yesterdays one was done after work at 6pm, and I was hardly able to do nearly as much in the evening as I just didn't have the energy. Are you eating enough food to fuel your workouts? That makes a huge difference too.

I completed the Pure Cardio workout yesterday and was a little scared beforehand as I had researched it so I knew what to expect; it was hard, but not as hard at the Plyometric Cardio from day 2 (even though I didn't have as much energy); whether that is because I am feeling fitter from doing a few days of this I don't know??

All I can say is try to keep going if you can; I don't even pretend to be able to do the whole workout from start to finish perfectly (I have to stop during quite a few of the exercises) but I got on the scales this morning and found I had lost 3.75lbs this week just from doing it, so I think its worth it!

Good luck everyone xx
  • RoseTears143
    Options

Lisa, don't give up. You don't have to go full on bananas like they do in the video!! Go at a pace you can do, and take as many breaks as you need to. You WILL improve over the course of the program.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, I made it through the work out last night BUT there were moves that my body just CAN'T do yet (those side things with the feet in push up position? Yea right!) I hope to be able to work up to them, so I won't give up! I'll post my fit test when I get home tonight, so glad to have found this group!
  • ecrash11
    ecrash11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Okay. Joining late but hoping the peer pressure will drive me. I made it through 2 weeks solid last summer. Aiming for the whole shabang this time!! Friend me, harass me. .I could use the push!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Okay. Joining late but hoping the peer pressure will drive me. I made it through 2 weeks solid last summer. Aiming for the whole shabang this time!! Friend me, harass me. .I could use the push!!

You can do it!! :)