Whole 30 in April

Options
Hello!
I'd love to chat to more people doing the whole 30 program through out April.
I've almost complete my first week and am feeling good. I've had the 'carb flu' and a bit of grogginess but I'm feeling good now. Just hope it continues!
Feel free to add me if you too are doing whole 30 or paleo :)

Replies

• each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I started my whole 30 in late march so it's basically a whole 30 april :) I'm on day 16 and feeling pretty good. The past two weeks I've been pretty tired and rather than force myself to work out I decided to focus on food. Well today I got home and still had a ton of energy so I hit the weights again for the first time in probably a month! I'm happy to say I haven't lost my strength. My muscles are nice and sore, I'm enjoying some delicious protein to feed my muscles, and I'm riding my endorphin high :)

Eating wise I'm not perfect, but I'm trying harder than I ever have in my life. I believe I've successfully avoided sugar all this time although I suspect some eating out resulted in some "slips" of soybean oil/flour dusting on things.

I see a difference in my energy levels, in my mood, my sleep, and on the scale (Strangely the scale has been the hardest for me to let go of even though I know it's full of ****, I'm just to effing curious!)

More than anything I don't get HANGRY all the time and I just feel empowered that Paleo IS possible. :)

Good luck y'all!
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    I started my second Whole 30 April 1 - still struggling with the call of the scale, but otherwise everything is going well.

I'm sending a friend request and looking forward to following along with your journey.

Kerry
  • judith1087
    judith1087 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5! It is interesting to read that others are also struggling to give up the scale. I'm doing ok overall but struggling coming up with meal ideas. What are your favorite recipies so far?
  • Maasmondy
    Maasmondy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 37...finished my 30 days on April 2nd. I don't have an official "stop" date yet. I am really liking how I feel and don't want it to end! My husband's birthday is on May 2nd, and I'd like to celebrate with some Paleo cupcakes a bakery in town makes. That may be the end of my streak...that would make 60 or so days.

And I'm feeling some guilt as to what's worth eating and what's not worth eating when I decide to "break" my Whole30 streak. I'd like to have some coconut ice cream that's sitting in my freezer, but will it make me healthier? Will it help me reach my fitness goals? No. So I haven't eaten it, yet. Maybe I should get the book and see if it says anything about this...or if you guys have any thoughts...I would appreciate it!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Maasmondy & I started at the same time - I'm on day 37 as well... my only blip was a bit of bacon on sunday (day 34) that had some sugar in teh ingredient list... I am planning on sticking to it as well. my birthday is at teh end of the month so I will brobably have a treat then and may just jump right back on the whole 30 as I am enjoying the food I am eating and the way I am feeling. For those interested in meal ideas, feel free to look at my diary - you can add me if you like.