food prep

Options
hikaratedeb
hikaratedeb Posts: 17 Member
I dont know about everyone one else but I am getting really bored with grilled chicken or turkey and stir fry. Any ideas on how to make different meals please.

Replies

• michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    I make sure that the flavor of the chicken is different each time I eat it. Different marinade. One night I had no grilled chicken on hand and I had to make chicken sausage. It didn't seem to affect my weight loss. I'm not sure what veggies you are willing to eat, but I have been having zucchini a lot! It's one of my favorites. I cut it length wise and grill it or broil it or cut it into small pieces and saute it. I also saute broccoli with garlic. Some nights I just choose a small salad with shredded carrots and some cucumbers. You can even have cucumbers by themselves with some balsamic on them. I have to keep think of many different things or I will never last a day. Oh and of course, I make string beans too.
  • michele73
    Options
    By the way, you will be begging for that stir fry once week 3 comes about for you! lol!
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I might not be much help because I absolutely love grilled chicken. If you gave me a choice, 9 times out of 10 I'd pick grilled chicken. I never really get tired of it.

Spices are unlimited, so try different seasonings & marinades.
    Some of my favorites flavors are: Lemon pepper, garlic, ginger, cilantro-lime, rosemary, sriracha, etc.

You could cut up your chicken, turkey, or fish and put it on a salad. I love grilled salmon on a salad!

I personally love mexican lettuce wraps with diced chicken and a dab of spicy salsa. It's even better on rice days. I also like to add some sauteed peppers & onions. You could also do asian style lettuce wraps too.

Last night I made herb roasted chicken breasts, green beans and spaghetti squash. I marinated the chicken breasts in lemon juice, chopped garlic, rosemary, thyme, a little evoo, sea salt and black pepper. It was delicious!
  • michele73
    Options
    cristieg-I'm coming over for dinner! Hahah!
  • michele73
    Options
    I use ground chicken a lot too. You can form a patty and mix any kind of flavoring in it! I even sometimes use taco seasoning to flavor the ground chicken and put it on a salad, like a taco salad. The trick is to be creative and think about it in advance helps too so you can be prepared.
  • MarcieSwitzer
    MarcieSwitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dr. Smith mentions to be flexible. I noticed a comment on his Facebook page that very lean ham will work instead of chicken. I think the idea is to limit red meat and stick to very lean proteins. I grill up a bunch and just add different sauces. When I can have rice I mix it together with the veggie or in a large garden salad. I like mine very spicy so I just try different peppers. I buy tenderloins which can also be put on skewers with fruit and veggies.
  • michele73
    Options
    Thought I would bump this to the top so you can read some suggestions from the past. It's funny to look to myself from January to help me do this again. I have to be my own cheerleader. :smile:
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Since I don't eat meat and love my chicken substitutes I hope I will not run into any problems.