How Much Weight Are You Using?

Options
mcarter619
mcarter619 Posts: 25 Member
I was just wondering how many pounds everyone is using during the workouts. At the moment I'm still in Phase 1...doing workouts 3 & 4...and I've gone from using 2lb and 3lb in workouts 1 and 2. Now I'm using 3lb and 5lb.

Replies

• jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm also on phase 1 doing workout 3 and 4 and I'm using 3 and 5 on workout 1 and 2 I was using switching between 5 and 10lb weights.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Im still on workouts 1&2 and im using 5&8lbs
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm still on phase 1 workouts 1 & 2 and am using 5 lb weights. I am still trying to find our 10 lb ones. Some things are still missing or are in boxes in our garage after our move 6 months ago. I don't want to buy new since I know they are here somewhere!
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used 8lbs only for all of Workout 4 yesterday. I will do 8lbs only for Workout 3 tomorrow. Previously I had been alternating between 5lbs and 8lbs. I need heavier weights (but don't have them yet) for the backward and forward lunges, weighted step-ups, and single-leg dead lifts. Since I'm moving onto Phase 2 next week, I'll wait and see how that goes before buying heavier weights.

I also use a medium resistance cable for Workout 3 and wish I had bought a light resistance instead but I tough it out and skip maybe one rep.
  • mcarter619
    Options
    I can't do the 10 in Phase 1.
  • mcarter619
    Options
    I used the light resistance band Monday my first time using workout 3 and it was something. I will use medium next week when doing 3 but this week to get use to the workouts I'm doing light.
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I have 3, 5's and 8's. I actually use them all. Trying to use the 8's more than the 5's. Only use the 3's when she says specifically "go very light." I am probably going to stay with those and then when I finish the program - I will get some heavier weights and do it again.

I have a medium resistance cable too - and it is damn near impossible for me to do the one thing in Workout #3. I am tall - and I just can't pull it enough to keep my elbows at the right angle. I started using 5 pound weights instead until I can get a better cable. It BURNS using the weights - so I'll take it.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    2nd time this morning of workout 3 and I used all 10 lb weights except for the tree I used 5. I AM FEELING IT!!!! WOWZA! I did every rep tho! :)
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2nd time this morning of workout 3 and I used all 10 lb weights except for the tree I used 5. I AM FEELING IT!!!! WOWZA! I did every rep tho! :)

That's awesome! I did it last night and used 8s for everything except tree - used 5s for that. My shoulders just aren't that strong without help from my lower body.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I use either 10lbs or 15lbs.
  • bodyafterbaby4
    bodyafterbaby4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mostly 5s with some 3s. We don't have 8s otherwise I would probably bump up. Maybe I should pick some up...
  • jlabbee
    jlabbee Posts: 18
    Options
    we're in phase 2 now and i'm using 3,5,6s depending on the exercises. my husband is now using 15s in each hand or the 6s for harder workouts.
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started phase 3 on Monday and I am using 3, 5, and 10 lb weights and I wear my wrist weights at the same time also (.5 lbs each).
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 and use mostly 15 and 10 lb sometimes up to 20... Except for the weighted superman.... For some reason I can only do that one with 3lbs lol