Proper Squat Instructions

Options
Thought I would share this...

http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Do-Squats-8876316

Highlights:

Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance.
Sit back and down like you're sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Rather than allowing your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.

Replies

• Mediana77
    Mediana77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    THanks for sharing
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!!
  • serendipity0924
    Options
    Welp.... I started today. I have done 35 so far.... LOL
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    But here's the thing every instruction says that your knees should be over your ankles which they never are in pictures and it is completely impossible with they way the human body is composed, it should say knees should be over the feet and not go out over the toes. But keeping knees parallel to the ankles is impossible.

I have been a competitive dancer for 13 years before I got sick including some modern and ballet for technique and I have actually tried many times to do it with knees over ankles, doing it gives a completely wrong posture and is hurtful for the lower back meanwhile not being able to get into a deep squat because of it.
  • jbuchanan086
    Options
  • caroglez80
    Options
    Yay...thank you so excited to start my 30 day squat challenge
  • InSpired821
    InSpired821 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is seriously a challenge... I can feel the BURN!!!!