Struggling today

Hey guys :)

Ergh. I'm struggling today. It's now ten days since my last binge, which is amazing and I've been feeling great. But today I can feel it clawing at me - I think it's because I've been rushing around and haven't been eating proper meals, just grabbed snacks here and there, so I've lost track of exactly what I've eaten and feel like I'm getting closer to that point where I'll go 'whatever, one day won't hurt, I'll just go and buy whatever I want and eat it all'. But I know that one day WILL hurt, maybe not physically, but definitely emotionally. The silly thing is that I know if I get back in control now, today won't be a bad day at all - I've only eaten a couple of pieces of toast with peanut butter, a date and nut snack, and a banana with almond butter, and had bought a latte while I was waiting for the train...I KNOW that's fine and I haven't overdone it, AT ALL. But something in me is telling me that i have and I might as well give up for the day.

I need to sort it out - I know I'll feel better if I can overcome this today and just stop myself, but my resolve is fading - I'm starting to want to just eat. I have that weird excited feeling and I keep thinking about the things I might buy. Can you shout at me, please?!

xx

Replies

• alexpl91
    alexpl91 Posts: 36 Member
    Me too! I've had 3 great days in a row and now I'm feeling so hungry - but not really hungry, binge-hungry. I have 3 papers due by thursday so I brought my lunches and snacks with me to the library. i planned to pace them out but i've already eaten two snacks at once and am trying to resist eating my sandwich... i want it all right now
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    I struggle too as my hubby makes it difficult for me. He brings home junk that I find it hard to resist, but I must try harder to resist. I had two binge days as a result of his junk. I really want to lose weight and keep it off. I was doing well until this point. Now, I am back at square one.
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    I know the feeling Sunday i just kept snacking even though i wasn't hungry. I kinda got lucky and my new b/f is training for an MMA fight so he is on a diet too. kinda keep me on track. He makes me such healthy meals a few times a week :-) cuz i really don't cook, i eat canned things...or sandwiches...

I like hanging out at his place cuz he has NO snacks around whereas my parents keep a ton of snack/junk food around. and tons of Root Beer <3 ugh been forever since ive had one of those.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Hang in there.

I know the feeling. I let the urge win today and yesterday - I feel terrible. You don't want to feel this way. The taste of sweets is fleeting, and when you eat large amounts you're not even enjoying it fully!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Me too! I'm craving something specific and I'm afraid if I eat it that would just be the beginning. I'm really trying to fight it, which is why I came here. This will pass, if I wait long enough. Hope you all are hanging in there.
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Nice to know I'm not alone :) (Although not nice that you're all struggling too!)

I got myself out of the house and pushed past it, pretty proud of myself!
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Glad you pushed past it Yoshna! I've been like this all week, I will break out of it today!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Best way to tackle times like this, is to allow yourself a really nice meal, maybe something you would ordinarily avoid or consider to unhealthy, rather than binge, so you get a nice treat and a relaxation from your usual diet, but don't totally overdo it.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    I can totally relate!! Just think of the good feeling you get when you wake up without guilt, anxiety and that pudgy greasy bloatedness!! It is totally so much more worth it than any binge!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Nice to know I'm not alone :) (Although not nice that you're all struggling too!)

I got myself out of the house and pushed past it, pretty proud of myself!

*happy dance*

Woohoo !