Low-Carb Bread Machine Recipe

Options
stacey_mntx
stacey_mntx Posts: 36 Member
Hi All! I just tried this recipe this evening and it was pretty decent. Pros: It looks and smells like regular bread and only has 6 carbs per slice. Cons: It does have a chewy/spongy texture and is a little on the bland side flavor-wise. I will most likely add herbs and a dash of salt next time I make it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/best-low-carb-bread-bread-machine-102631

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I saw an ad on my facebook page today for Paleo bread. It had very low carbs but it was $8.00 for 16 slices! Who is that crazy?!?!?! I may have to give this a try.
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    been thinking about buying a machine, is it worth the cost? is it costly to make the bread?:flowerforyou:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    been thinking about buying a machine, is it worth the cost? is it costly to make the bread?:flowerforyou:

You can get a bread machine at the second hand store pretty inexpensively. It's usually about $50 at Target. Homemade bread is amazingly cheap to make and it does taste so much better than store bought. The only pricey ingredient would be the yeast but you can buy that cheap in a big container at Costco or Sam's Club. I swear that some breads I buy at the store go moldy in a couple of days but my homemade bread seems to last longer despite having no preservatives.