• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Almost done!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Excellent! Almost through the program!

I finished week 7 today. I think I am still quite slow though.
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

When I say "faster" I mean for me. That's not saying much :laugh:
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just finished W7D1 yesterday. Boy was it rough to get through the 25 mins but I did it! Looking forward to how I do tomorrow!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Faster than a speeding tortoise, right?

Don't worry about it. I was doing an average of 17 minute miles on my last week of C25k (2.5 miles in 30 minutes). Two months later, without doing any speed work, I'm doing three mile runs at 11:30 mins/mile without doing anything more than going out and just running.
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too! Dragged my boyfriend along for a ~25 minute run and he kept me from getting bored by chatting to me - I couldn't chat much back by the time we got to the top of the hill!

Good work :) isn't it nice to not be so scared of a long run?
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :happy: it's brilliant
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done. Its so great to break the barriers and see improvement.
    Although I've graduated I still have a average pace of 11 minute miles. To improve I think I need to do some interval fartlek training runs. But for now I'm happy getting out there and plodding along.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I am so discouraged right now! I just finished W7D3 and I should be happy. Except for W7D2 and W7D3, I wasn't able to jog the whole 25 minutes. I did fine on D1. What is wrong with me? Looks like I am going to have to do W7 over and I am fine with that. I just wish I knew why I seem to be losing momentum?!? :sad:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    TdaniT - Slow down.

Week 7 completely kicked my butt. If you want to dig through the message board, you will find my posts whining about it all over the place.

The program realizes that you are an athlete and can give a little more. You haven't quite come to that realization yet (I still couldn't admit that I was a runner out loud at that point).

You are more than ready to finish week 7 but you need to know what YOU need to go that distance. For most people, that means pacing yourself. Also, make sure that you are pulled up through the front so that you aren't cutting off your air and keep breathing.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I knew I needed to slow down today. w7d1 but even though I was huffing and puffing my way up the tiniest of inclines, I still found slowing down enough really challenging. Much easier to slow down on a treadmill than outside!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I always feel like I'm about to die going uphill. Frequently that's the first indication I get of a gentle incline. What Scott Jurek says to do (and it works) is to "shift down a gear" like you were going uphill on a bike. Take small, fast steps without a lot of effort behind them.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    TdaniT - Slow down.

Week 7 completely kicked my butt. If you want to dig through the message board, you will find my posts whining about it all over the place.

The program realizes that you are an athlete and can give a little more. You haven't quite come to that realization yet (I still couldn't admit that I was a runner out loud at that point).

You are more than ready to finish week 7 but you need to know what YOU need to go that distance. For most people, that means pacing yourself. Also, make sure that you are pulled up through the front so that you aren't cutting off your air and keep breathing.

I was jogging at 3.5mph but I increased to 4.0 because I hope to actually have jogged 3.1 miles (5K) by the end of the program. I am doing week 7 over again. I will try jogging back at 3.5 tomorrow and see if I can get all the way through it.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I was jogging at 3.5mph but I increased to 4.0 because I hope to actually have jogged 3.1 miles (5K) by the end of the program. I am doing week 7 over again. I will try jogging back at 3.5 tomorrow and see if I can get all the way through it.

Just about nobody finishes the program able to run a 5k in 30 minutes. However, that is perfectly obtainable at your speed about three months after completing the program. Maybe even sooner if it's during a race. Celebrate what you can do NOW! You have come so far!