New to c25k Hi

Options
Dom821
Dom821 Posts: 27 Member
Hello-

I started c25k on Monday. completed day 2 this morning. day 3 will be Friday morning.

day 1 I though was fairly easy. the 1 min jogs weren't too bad.....day 2 for some odd reason they seemed a bit harder... I'm hoping it isn't going to feel even harder on day 3.

I'm doing the program with my dog Ritz. Its good for him to get out and run and I run at 5am in the morning before work so it makes me feel a bit safer.

I've never been much oif a runner/jogger but decided I wanted to give this a try. I turn 31 this year and I want to be able to say I can run 5kms haha

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the program!!
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, and well done you for giving it a go.
    Think positive and you'll do just fine.
    If you find some runs tricky maybe slow the pace a little.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
    You will most definitely be able to say your are running 5k xx
  • Dom821
    Options
    Week 1 is officially finished. Looking forward to running a bit longer next week. I found just as I was settling into a rhythm I had to walk again. :huh:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay for week 1! Week 6, day 3 is next for me!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job, Dom! Your dog is going to LOVE this. You'll find that the runs get a certain amount hard and then stay there for the rest of the program.
  • Dom821
    Options
    day 1 of week 2.... Found a tad difficult but I slowed my pace a bit and then it was easier. Doesn't help that the first half I get to do slightly down hill and the second half is all done uphill haha

I did find time went by a lot fast though.... defiantly feeling it in my legs already. Will be doing a 30 min walk tomorrow morning to help with the stiffness.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wish you the best with journey..You can do it,, I did the program about two years ago.I have ran 4 5k's. I had some health issues that kept me from running/exercising for over a year..But I am doing alot better and have been back to exercising since the end of December.I have wanted to start the 5k training over and I just read your story and another one that talked about an app you can download for the C25k program..I just downloaded it and I plan to start it tomorrow..I will be in check to see how it is going for you.You can do this...if I did it at 42 then you can at 31....I will be 44 next month and I want to run another 5K this year,,,,
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started too - I've always resisted because of some health issues. The newest medical advice is actually saying that the running/jogging can help my issues rather than make them worse, so I am giving it a go.

W1D1 was yesterday. Took the family including the dog - he liked it, they didn't. I am looking forward to day 2 on Wednesday and day 3 on Friday.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sound like you've got a smart dog! Congratulations on your new clearance to run.