Post/Pre-Workout Snacks

Options
badtastebetty
badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
I need a little fuel before and after I work out. Even though I go to make dinner shortly afterward...

Pre-workout was a sliced apple with some goat cheese
Post- workout was half a banana and 5 almonds

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Your snacks are yummy!

I didn't eat anything before... Glad I didn't.. I was working out so hard...I almost threw up!!
    After it was time for dinner.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    your snacks sound good but I don't want almonds if I can't eat 1/2 the bag
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I can't eat before unless its a spoon full of peanut butter

Afterwords I am doing protein shakes or beef jerky
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I didn't have a pre-workout snack today (wasn't super starving when I got home), and rather than a post-workout snack I made myself dinner.

(let veggies steam, pre-made salad, and warmed up meat after my workout)

It was delish! Now can have my planned snack before I go to a show tonight.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yum :) I don't have food before as I'm usually still full from lunch, and I usually make dinner straight after
  • carmelgrace
    carmelgrace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    no pre workout snack but do a shake (protein powder with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and a little cocoa powder.
    It filled me and then had dinner 2 hours later
  • keepitoff321
    keepitoff321 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For BK, I usually have a fresh fruit smoothie with banana, strawberries and/or blueberries, almond milk and spirulina. Coffee and lots of water. I wait till closer to lunch then do the workout
  • SamtasticLife
    Options
    No pre-work out snack---I had a smoothie made with muscle milk light, mango and coconut almond milk for breakfast and then a grilled chicken salad right after the workout.
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    I pack protein in the morning, eggs and tons of veggies. After an hour I'm ready to burn.

After a workout I always grab a handful of nuts... Almond and cashew.
  • bootpeg
    bootpeg Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a little late to the party and just starting day 2 level 1.

For those of you working out in the morning, do you eat breakfast before or after completing the video? I usually have a kale, green powder, orange juice, flax and chia seed, protein powder, and few drops of mio energy drops shake for breakfast. Considering how the shake usually affects my system, would it be best to eat after torturing myself with Jullian?
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I do mine in the afternoon, but I can't workout comfortable after a meal so I just have half a price of fruit before I start for a little boost.