how are you all doing today?

Options
i am doing well, 8 days abstinent.

yesterday was tough. i felt hungry all day.

i feel a bit bingey, but i know it's all in my head. maybe a little hormonal too, im due for TOM.

just posting to vent.

thanks.

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    doing good today...been on a very good stride with my food and exercise...actually heading to a meeting tonight to bring back the timer (i used to have that service position at the meeting, but i have not attended in months, and the timer has sat in the back of my car) :blushing:

to be honest, i have not been going to OA really for the last several months. i love OA, and the 12 steps, and will always consider myself a member...but truthfully, i am just feeling like doing it on my own with my own support system (OA friends, MFP friends, food plan, etc) is working well for me.

don't really know how to feel about my indifference to OA lately...
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mentioned in other post about how physical therapy is restimulating pain from two separate fender benders in March; having trouble knowing which is real hunger and which is pain that wants to eat. Overall tho, feeling extremely blessed.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    doing good today...been on a very good stride with my food and exercise...actually heading to a meeting tonight to bring back the timer (i used to have that service position at the meeting, but i have not attended in months, and the timer has sat in the back of my car) :blushing:

to be honest, i have not been going to OA really for the last several months. i love OA, and the 12 steps, and will always consider myself a member...but truthfully, i am just feeling like doing it on my own with my own support system (OA friends, MFP friends, food plan, etc) is working well for me.

don't really know how to feel about my indifference to OA lately...

I am pretty much doing the exact same thing. I am not sure if meetings are for me either. Did that for close to five years.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Mentioned in other post about how physical therapy is restimulating pain from two separate fender benders in March; having trouble knowing which is real hunger and which is pain that wants to eat. Overall tho, feeling extremely blessed.

Hang in there, you deserve to treat your body well. :-)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the check in question!

I am hanging in there, counting down the days until I get myself on vacation (the kiddos are home from school for part of next week and I'll be home with them). I need the break from work, and from grieving (lost a friend 3 weeks ago). My calorie intake and exercise has been on/close to target, but I feel off. I just want to FEED MYSELF. You know that feeling? Yep, that one :). Hate that feeling. I'm practicing surrender as best I'm able, but with my fatigue/grief/emotional hunger-induced attitude problem I'm doing some talking back as well. The good news?... my sense of humor is in tact and whole. This too shall pass.

And that is true for all of us... our current feelings, "hunger", woes, they'll change for us all. Change, our one guarantee :).
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    So good to see the check ins. Brings forward how blessed life is. Hang in there Jessie ... as you say, this too shall pass. :flowerforyou:
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for asking :) I feel good this morning. Had a good quiet time before breakfast reading Voices of Recovery and For Today, they start my day well. I forgot when I was planning my food last night that Im going out for lunch today with a colleague/friend so I will have to be concious of having a moderate meal then. Recently I've been aware of my disease voice telling me it's ok to have just a little bit extra at meal times. It might just be another piece of fruit or an extra mothful on my plate but I know it's part of a slippery slope. I have never in my life lost weight and Kept It Off. I have always hit a point where my self destruct button ( my disease) has kicked in and I've started to eat my way back up the scale again. By the grace of my HP and OA I know now that it is part of my disease, the obsession of the mind part and that I need to stick to my abstinence and eating plan and keep working the steps if I want to be at and stay at a healthy body weight.
    So for today I am abstinent now and know Im not alone. Someone said at a meeting the other day, 'Without my HP, abstinence is just another diet". Very true. Hugs to everyone here, wishing you abstinence and serenity today xx
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Hi and thanks for asking :) I feel good this morning. Had a good quiet time before breakfast reading Voices of Recovery and For Today, they start my day well. I forgot when I was planning my food last night that Im going out for lunch today with a colleague/friend so I will have to be concious of having a moderate meal then. Recently I've been aware of my disease voice telling me it's ok to have just a little bit extra at meal times. It might just be another piece of fruit or an extra mothful on my plate but I know it's part of a slippery slope. I have never in my life lost weight and Kept It Off. I have always hit a point where my self destruct button ( my disease) has kicked in and I've started to eat my way back up the scale again. By the grace of my HP and OA I know now that it is part of my disease, the obsession of the mind part and that I need to stick to my abstinence and eating plan and keep working the steps if I want to be at and stay at a healthy body weight.
    So for today I am abstinent now and know Im not alone. Someone said at a meeting the other day, 'Without my HP, abstinence is just another diet". Very true. Hugs to everyone here, wishing you abstinence and serenity today xx

So true, so true.

Hang in there and tell the destructive voice to screw off! ;-)
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and tell the destructive voice to screw off! ;-)
    That made me smile :) And it's good advice!
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Thanks for the check in question!

I am hanging in there, counting down the days until I get myself on vacation (the kiddos are home from school for part of next week and I'll be home with them). I need the break from work, and from grieving (lost a friend 3 weeks ago). My calorie intake and exercise has been on/close to target, but I feel off. I just want to FEED MYSELF. You know that feeling? Yep, that one :). Hate that feeling. I'm practicing surrender as best I'm able, but with my fatigue/grief/emotional hunger-induced attitude problem I'm doing some talking back as well. The good news?... my sense of humor is in tact and whole. This too shall pass.

And that is true for all of us... our current feelings, "hunger", woes, they'll change for us all. Change, our one guarantee :).

very true :-)
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Just thought I'd say HEY to everyone! I've been MIA -- looks like about a month -- but am doing ok. Food has been off the charts, but found a new chiropractor that after 3 treatments is helping both the after effects of the two car accidents in early March as well as old back injuries. So, big prayers out for that! I've been starting to struggle a bit with allergies (Sonoma County is like the highest allergy count in the nation) but think I'm also catching the creepy crud my daughter's had for the last week. It's month end for my business, so also balancing between work and health. All in all tho, I'm feeling pretty good. Glad to be checking in, have a goal of at least peeking in once a day again! :heart:
  • clanmomma
    clanmomma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again today.

I fell off the wagon about a month and a half ago. I finally went to the doctor and she said she believes I have some imbalances that is making it harder on me. She thinks I am insulin resistant and my testosterone is too high. I am supposed to go in for blood tests. I seemed to have used this as an excuse that keeping a hold on what I eat is pointless, and crash! Off I went.

I have now run out of excuses as to put off the blood tests and all the emails I have been getting from this site has got me realizing that I need to track my food for more reasons that loosing weight. I need to recognize what I am eating.

I am still scared about the tests. Not like the answers are really going to change my situation other than I may have some medication to help balance my system to help loose weight easier. But there is a part of me that worries that if my testosterone is too high, does that mean I am not much of a woman? Silly, I know, but I cannot seem to shut that little voice off.

Anyway. Thank you to those of you who kept sending me little messages. I am back and trying again.

My name is Kat and I am a Compulsive Overeater.
  • Rocksham
    Rocksham Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing well! I will miss exercise time today. Other things going on. I guess it's all about priorities .. I will get back on track tomorrow. I like being able to write about things on here, it makes me feel accountable to others. I was never very good about being accountable to myself or my Higher Power. Time to re-assess some things. Thanks for being here :happy:
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have been on some super strong med's with the side effect of making me woozy. Forced to stay indoors without being able to move about much. It's been hard, but has made me realize how important planning daily food really is. Using MFP and readings from OA has kept the "I feel sorry for myself" insanity at bay. Drinking loads of water helps, too. So far, managing to avoid binges. Very much in touch with HP every day. Sometimes from moment to moment. Knowing there is a support network is the best!
  • HeatherS0707
    Options
    Hi all, I am going to my first OA meeting on Sunday. I was abstinent on Tuesday and then yesterday had a binge but I figured out where it started and what triggered it so that is encouraging. I'm happy to see an OA group here and I look forward to chatting with you all on the good and the not so good days and giving support where I can.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Today has been really great! I've started walking on Thursdays with a fellow OAer, which is groovy, around a beautiful park here in town along our local river. Quite spectacular to see the baby geese, mallards and swans -- along with other birds and a couple of pelicans today! Life is good!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Funny how this food thing works. I think I have it "licked" and then it kicks my @ss. Going out to TWO meals in one day is NOT a smart choice on any level. I was ok with the lunch -- made good choices, including no cheese or sour cream. Since I am working diligently at learning to live my life as a vegetarian (ultimate goal, vegan) it was ok. Not perfect, since I want to be able to live in The Real World too.

Dinner, however, was a whole different subject. Two top shelf margaritas knocked me out on top of my hour long walk today. Which, by the way, is working cause I love it. It's "not working" because it exhausts me for the rest of the day. I have a home business and I HAVE to work at home on a daily basis -- just like going to a job. But the days that I walk just wear me out. Not sure how to do that cause I'm NOT giving up my twice a week walk. Shoot, just realized I missed the Tuesday night meeting as well, although it's the Thursday night that I'm planning to add in for twice a week meetings. Better get that in my planner now or I will conveniently forget. Again.

When I log my food and exercise and see that "in 5 weeks you will weigh" about 10 lbs less, it pumps me up. The opposite is true when I've had a day like today and it's added a few pounds. It's much better emotionally to see me moving towards my goal that away from it.

All I have is today. Progress -- not perfection -- and sometimes I want to just Be Well! No more dis-ease! Overeating poooof gone! I have heard that happen for some people. So far, that isn't my experience. I'm letting everything go with claw marks all over it.