Fitness consulting project. Final announcement.

Options
SideSteel
SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
...final until I make another post about it yo.

Regarding this thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/941902-possibly-offering-my-services-checking-interest

I will likely start selecting people tomorrow. I may attempt to start one or two people ASAP and the remainder after the move (4/18 close date, in the new house on 4/19, will need a couple of days to get situated).

You'll be PM'd if you're selected. I will announce an official "I've completed the selection process" thread but I will not be PMing everyone to decline, as doing it this way saves me about 90 PMs.

Thanks!

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Keep us updated on your experiment and your minions! :glasses:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY! cant wait to see how it goes.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nuts - saw the original post too late.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I mistakenly deleted the link SS.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Damn! I missed it! :(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed I missed this until now. I hope the project goes well. If an opening becomes available, I'm very interested.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed I missed this until now. I hope the project goes well. If an opening becomes available, I'm very interested.

It's possible that I'll run another wave of people but that's dependent on how this one goes. If I do, you'll be notified through a forum post or 10 in this group.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Much admiration for you SS. :) you are doing a wonderful thing.

That said..how do I bribe you into picking me.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options

It's possible that I'll run another wave of people but that's dependent on how this one goes. If I do, you'll be notified through a forum post or 10 in this group.

I think I could really benefit from following advice from one person who is very experienced with fitness and all around health. I have been getting very frustrated, when seeking knowledge that can benefit me in working toward my fitness goals, because there are so many conflicting opinions out there...and in the MFP community too.

I am extremely motivated, but unsure if I'm doing the best I can be. Are inaccuracies in my macros balance and my BMR and body fat numbers, causing me more stalls in my progress? Am I eating too little or too many calories? Etc...

So, I'll be eagerly watching the progress of your project and I look forward to seeing the benefits that your group enjoys from it. :)

I'd wish you good luck, but I have a good feeling that you'll make your own luck with most projects you undertake. :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great project! I hope those selected will let us follow along with their progress :)

I think this is definitely a worthwhile venture, SS. Being someone who only works out from home, I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on the benefit of a "trainer" at a gym. Books, forums, and videos on form have been a great help, but still feels a little too much like I'm doing this on my own (without the education, training, or experience to back it up). I'm certain there are plenty of other people out there who feel the same!
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks SS!
  • bimmer2331
    bimmer2331 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing this..
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Note to self: Check the ETP group on a regular basis, so I don't miss out on the good stuff. Trying to figure **** out on my own sucks - too many options, too little self knowledge.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I just realized something. I wasn't picked. WHY AM I NOT THE FAVORITE. I don't know how I feel about this.

hCD3EC15C

:tongue:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, that baby .gif is delicious.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I just realized something. I wasn't picked. WHY AM I NOT THE FAVORITE. I don't know how I feel about this.

hCD3EC15C

I don't believe Side Steel got around to choosing the final few. At least I've not yet seen the "I've completed the selection process" thread on this forum or the application forum.

But if I had to pick someone, I'd pick you just because you posted the THE CUTEST gif I've ever seen on this site!