Motivation

Options
badtastebetty
badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
Hey everyone. How are you planning to stay motivated. I believe the best laid plans are... well planned. I'm setting time aside Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:00. And Thursday right after work (as I have plans later).

What's your plan?

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    On weekends I get off work at 6am (12 hour shifts 6pm-6am) I will be doing the work out at 6am when I get home before I go to bed on Saturday Sunday and Monday

The rest of my days I am going to do it before dinner every day so I get my protien in after working out.

I am 11 pounds to lose in April! I want to see the scale under 200 and be in the 100s!! YAY
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I try to do it in the morning but since I have a daycare it ends up being different times, maybe that is why I have started 3 times and not made it past day 8, this time I will, I need to
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I try to do it in the morning but since I have a daycare it ends up being different times, maybe that is why I have started 3 times and not made it past day 8, this time I will, I need to

Is there a guaranteed time you can do it? Like if you wake up at a certain time, no matter what you will be able to do your workout?
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I plan on watching the entire DVD tonight, and actually working out in the AM! Excited, nervous and determined!
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I seen the results from this when I did it in January and I am ready to get back to it.. Since then I have been doing my elliptical but I want to tighten up everything.....
    I do it first thing in the morning before work.. This time around I will only be doing it monday- friday with weekends off.. Good luck to you all!
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm planning on setting a 'rule' for myself, that when I wake up, after i've had something light to eat and i'm awake, to do my video, and I can't leave the house, or sit down infront of TV or my computer until i've done it. Those are my two big go to's, and if I don't allow myself to go to them until i've worked out, if i break that rule with myself, it'll bug me all day, which i'm hoping will keep me on target and motivated!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Good plan. Also once your done the workout you can just collapse on the couch :p
  • kailexx
    Options
    thats what i'm thinking! as long as i don't pick up a bowl of something I shouldn't eat!
  • kailexx
    Options
    So whose done their video for the day already?
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I don't do it until late afternoon/early evening. I'm (sort of) a morning person, so I prefer to use the mornings for uni work whilst my brain is more awake, then I exercise later so I can relax after :)
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I don't do it until late afternoon/early evening. I'm (sort of) a morning person, so I prefer to use the mornings for uni work whilst my brain is more awake, then I exercise later so I can relax after :)

I'm the same. Working out is always an afternoon activity. I admire those who can get it out of the way, but that has never been me.
  • kailexx
    Options
    I knew if I didn't get it done first thing in the morning, I wouldn't do it. So my goal is to make sure I get the 30 day shred done first, and later in the day if I feel like doing some other type of exercise, I can, but i won't feel guilty if I don't.
  • carmelgrace
    carmelgrace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! to do the 30 day shred in the am. Get it over with!:laugh:
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Today is one of those days I am glad to have people to check in with. I get home at 1:00 last night, and now I am headed to work for 7:30. I have a family dinner right after work and probably won't be able to work out until 9 or 10 tonight. But since I have to check in, I will do it... And then I will go to bed.
  • helloitsali
    helloitsali Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it at night around 10 pm, because I'm in college and try to get my work done before I do it. The issue with this is that sometimes I just don't get my work done and end up staying up all night to finish it because I just have too much. I'm an engineering major at an Ivy League school so I'm kind of drowning in work - not that this is an excuse to not exercise, or that everyone else doesn't have just as much or more work. But, I know I can't keep up this doing it at night thing because midterms are coming up and everything. My issue is that I usually do something with my hair in the mornings and want it to stay that way throughout the day, so I don't want to do it during the day if I plan on doing other stuff, but I know this is an awful reason not to exercise. So, I'm conflicted. Any suggestions?
  • katerbees
    katerbees Posts: 11
    Options
    I printed out the calendar today because I am a visual person and seeing the days get checked off will make me feel more accomplished. I also took some unflattering before photos, my back is currently saddlebag city, I'm hoping to make it sexy curve city for the summer.
    I also put up some pictures I really like of myself, mostly photos of me laughing and hanging out with my friends and a few from high school track where I was in amazing shape.
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I printed out the calendar today because I am a visual person and seeing the days get checked off will make me feel more accomplished. I also took some unflattering before photos, my back is currently saddlebag city, I'm hoping to make it sexy curve city for the summer.
    I also put up some pictures I really like of myself, mostly photos of me laughing and hanging out with my friends and a few from high school track where I was in amazing shape.

This is awesome. I really like the idea of having a calander to visualize progress, and positive motivational pictures :)
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I'm already seeing changes in my body :) This is awesome.
  • kailexx
    Options
    I'm already seeing changes in my body :) This is awesome.

I wish I was! I'm noticing endurance changes, but that's about it.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I totally fell off the band wagon! I got upset with myself about screwing up my calories and didn't even look at MFP all weekend! But I'm back and seeing how you all are doing is encouraging me to rock it!