question for post op sleevers

Options
HolsDoinIt
HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
kind of a weird question....does anyone else have problems with their bellies grumbling or kind of making bubble noises?? Mine has been doing it for the past few days; even after eating or no longer hungry..any ideas or anyone else?

Replies

• jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oh yes my stomach is now very chatty!!! It grumbles and burbles away!!! Oh and because I eat too much air when eating I can now burp for Britain too!!!
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Typically it is just gas/acid. A ppi for the first 3 months or so post-op usually takes care of it. I was on nexium for about 3 months and never had a problem. There are OTC PPIs as well if you can't get the prescription.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Ohh it's so embarrassing lol...I am almost 6 months post op and mine still does it...I keep thinking it's because I put too much food in it or I am eating to fast...which I tend to do lol...It's awful sometimes and I get so embarrassed sitting next to people who I think can hear it...
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 3 years out. Ive been on Protonix for years and still need it. Just in the last year my stomach makes noise and physically grumbles after Ive eaten. Ill have to see if it is gas related or not.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    WOW! thanks guys for all the responses...i had no clue it could be related to acid/gas. will have to talk to my doc about that...it just recently began doing it..
  • kristina509
    kristina509 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had it really bad right after surgery and then my stomach quieted down, but it has recently started up again and I'm almost 4 months out.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months out and it isn't as bad or often as it was but still does it. Most of the time it is when I am laying down. It used to be so loud it sounded like a plumbing problem in the house! I think it must get better with time. I have been on Nexium for years and have tried to stop since surgery but can't go for more than a day without it.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am over 10 months post op from sleeve and mine still does make noise. Not all the time but it does. I guess it is my sleeve talking to me. It can be from just drinking liquids and it will growl!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Depending how far out you are it actually could be hunger. I have grumbles in my lower tummy area when my tummy is MAD. That generally happens when I eat something different or new or too fatty or too carbby, but if I stick to my regular diet and softer foods (even at 8 months out) I have no problems. However, I have a gurgle in my throat area lol. But I was told that was normal from my support group.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Mine was bad at first but gradually got less noisy.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5 months out, my tummy makes loud, funny noises when I drink warm fluids
  • jaxkarin
    jaxkarin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months out and occasionally my tummy rumbles. When I say rumbles the other day I thought I had shallowed a lion it was roaring so loudly! It's usually when I haven't eaten in a while and I eat something. Although my tummy didn't rumble much before I spoke to a friend who said her stomach rumbles all the time ....
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 months out and mine does it most after I eat. I sure I am still eating too fast and swallowing air.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 months out and mine does it most after I eat. I sure I am still eating too fast and swallowing air.
    Oh, good point! I'm finally not doing that as much.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    kind of a weird question....does anyone else have problems with their bellies grumbling or kind of making bubble noises?? Mine has been doing it for the past few days; even after eating or no longer hungry..any ideas or anyone else?

I'm almost three years post op and my tummy STILL 'talks' to me!!! I'd say it is usually when I eat a little too much, not really over eat, but when I could have stopped a bite or two earlier!!! I am not sure it will EVER end. We laugh about it now!