April 10th Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Dinner is mine, I'm making myself a salad...Cobb salad of sorts. Low Calories, Low Carbs and protein too!

Lettuce
    Egg - Egg, Hard-Boiled,
    Hormel Real Bacon Bits
    Chicken - Breast,
    Finely Shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese
    Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing,
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    elliptical=3miles

Dinner is shepard's pie w/ mshed cauliflower on top.

Lunch was a spinach omelette :)
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Moltisanti Crew posting for Hairfix88
    Made Healthy Spaghetti Squash Bake.
    Half of a spaghetti squash, reduced fat cheddar cheese, whole wheat flour, reduced fat milk, 2 oz, chicken, onion bell pepper and veggies. Makes two servings. Kind of a "mock Mac and cheese with chicken and veggies added.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Moltisanti Crew posting for Lizai1
    Chow mien noodle
    Tomato
    Onion
    Grean and red peppers
    Beef
    Home made curry sauce: tomato paste, curry powder, jalapeños, water

I have also run/walk 5.5 miles today
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and a pepper bell, with dressing ( my fave at the moment is yoghurt with herbs)
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    17-Day Diet Black Bean Chili

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 311.5
    Fat: 7.6g
    Carbohydrates: 23.0g
    Protein: 37.7g
    Ingredients

1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
    2 Cups Black Soy Beans
    1 Cup Chopped Onion
    2 Cups Tomato Sauce (No Salt Added)
    1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
    1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
    1.2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
    Directions

In a saucepan, brown the ground turkey over moderate heat. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings

Number of Servings: 4

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DEBBIECRAVENS.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Walked/jogged 2 miles.
    Family supper is as follows:
    Grilled pork chops , brown rice, peas, side salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) with reduced fat Ranch.

Old version fried pork chops with white rice and gravy, peas and dinner rolls baked with butter.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI*** HEALTHY MEAL CHALLENGE

Missmegan831

3 miles walking trails.. 4.3 hours hardcore yard work , mowing (push mower), weeding, trimming, etc.. in 84 degree weather..sunburned too!!

Dinner:
    Grilled Chicken breast wrapped in bacon & seasoned with Old Bay and EVOO
    Broccoli with herb butter sauce
    Mashed Cauliflower w cheese and bacon (for the kids)

This meal is healthy following my Keto lifestyle and The broccoli was a hit with both my boys that are never a huge fan of anything green on their plates..
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am making a healthy meal for my husband. He loves pork chops and onion gravy. I have a recipe makeover for this dish so I decided to give it a try. I will be replacing the normal chicken broth for a reduced sodium version and using a gravy mix pack instead of white flour. This recipe reduces the sodium by approx 230 mg. I hope he likes it. :smile:

Bonus - ran 1 mile this morning and will be running another mile this evening
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Dinner:
    Avocado Chicken Salad: 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,1 avocado,1/4 chopped onion, juice of 1/2 a lime, 2 Tbsp cilantro,salt and pepper, to taste. Cook chicken breast until done, let cool, and then shred. Mix with all other ingredients. Served with lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps.

Bonus: >2miles walked/ran
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My family and I will be having Chicken Tikka Masala and steamed broccoli.

To lighten up the Masala, I used only chicken breast and 1/2 & 1/2 instead of heavy cream as the recipe calls for. And I also omited the butter to saute the onions/chickens. That's what Pam is for! :wink:
  • Tigger31179
    Tigger31179 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Baked Tilapia, whole wheat Linguine. Cook the Tilapia in a little olive oil with some Mrs Dash, and lemon. Toss the linguine in a little olive oil and fish juice from the packet it baked in. YUM. Just a little over 450 calories and good for your brain!
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have 2 ideas for this, first I'm trying not to snack on so much "processed" foods and eat fresh fruit instead. I had grapes and strawberries today. For dinner I'm going to make a orange chicken stir fry. I found an orange sauce bottled by panda express, I believe its only 70 calories per 2 table spoons, two servins is enough for the whole pan. I throw in a bag of stir fry veggies and brown some chicken and you have a huge serving and its low cal. It taste better then take out and so much better for you.
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I reported this to my capo Don. I made a simple grilled chicken salad marinated in italin dressing, I added shredded mozzarella, and added a little more italian dressing to top. I had a fruit yogurt smoothie to drink with it.!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I also did a healthy breakfast.
    I sauteed peppers, onion and mushrooms in some coconut oil then added egg whites and one whole egg. (I used more whites for me to be lower calorie but one with yolk to add some yummy flavor)

The whole family had a healthy breakfast instead of poptarts or junk

Also I did the bonus bike ride (plus some)
    Team Sacramoni
  • missmegan831
    Options
    My family and I will be having Chicken Tikka Masala and steamed broccoli.

To lighten up the Masala, I used only chicken breast and 1/2 & 1/2 instead of heavy cream as the recipe calls for. And I also omited the butter to saute the onions/chickens. That's what Pam is for! :wink:

^^ OMIT AND BUTTER in the same sentence?!?! Shame on you!!!! LOL j/k sounds delish!
  • missmegan831
    Options
    Posted for Octobergrl321 team Sacrimoni

Tacos for me and the family... meat, veggies and cheese aren't all that bad, very balanced.. I also walked 2 miles...
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made vegetable stirfry with rice noodles. It had loads of fresh crunchy veg in it. Unfortunately I couldn't manage a walk as I had to work late.
  • anagraphy
    anagraphy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Diced avocado fried with bacon, topped with diced feta-kalamata-tomato mixture. One of my favorite meals :)
    2% carbs, 88% fat, 10% protein

Went for a long walk before (3+, I think) to get my appetite up :)

(I'm on ketogenic Paleo, btw)
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey Don,
    Can I sub an hour of aerobics for the extra challenge? It's my zumba night:-)

Yes, you can submit that for today!