Crossfit Fails

Options
2»

Replies

• Gabemonster
    Options
    I caught a wallball in the throat. It hurt.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Banged and scraped my OTHER shin doing box jumps this morning. First jump of the WOD. Fabulous.

Now I have a matching set.
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    Banged and scraped my OTHER shin doing box jumps this morning. First jump of the WOD. Fabulous.

That is the worst feeling ever. I caught my foot on the box a few weeks ago, sent myself flying over it, and busted my shin up. I still have a knot and bruise there.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wallballs landing on my face - check. Every time.

I also whip myself regularly trying to do double unders. When I go grocery shopping after the gym, people have given my forearms worried looks. I want to reassure them that I'm not suicidal.

Around Christmas, I clocked myself under the chin with a 45-lb bar. I can't remember what I was doing - maybe push presses? but I gouged a nice chunk of inner lip off with my teeth.
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I also was doing a pull-up with a band and it slipped off my foot and came up and smacked me in the crotch. Oh well, I still love it.

I did this a couple of weeks ago!! The best part is trying to get OUT of it and keep on WODing! :)
  • quirkyone1
    Options

Around Christmas, I clocked myself under the chin with a 45-lb bar. I can't remember what I was doing - maybe push presses? but I gouged a nice chunk of inner lip off with my teeth.

I've done that one too, during push presses. My coach was freaking out but I was cracking up out of embarrassment.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I slid off the back of the seat on the rowing machine....:embarassed:

I've done this too!
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I beat the hell out of myself with the speed rope whenever I try doing double-unders. I can get a couple of them, but when I miss I smack myself HARD with a thin wiry rope and it hurts like Hades.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    My first box jumps, I almost broke the box you could hear it crack and then my coach grabbed me another box glad I didn't through it

Then trying to do a handstand I fell twice because I tried a second time I came in last for that
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of theses too; wall ball in the chin -- yes! Barbell to the chin-- yes! Barbell to the nose -- yes!

I've also hit my chin on the ground doing burpees, and pinched my finger between plates.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The thigh/hip stretches on the "horse"..... You know the one where your ankles are held in place and you either face the ground and lift yourself up at the waist, OR you can face up and do torturous crunches. I am not a small lady, so I wear baggy t-shirts. Getting onto the thing alone is enough to create nightmares for those who have to witness it. :embarassed: After getting settled I get started, except my tshirt is stuck underneath me where my thighs meet the "machine", so every time I come up to parallel my shirt is pulled so tight at the back of the neck that it rips, every time. Meanwhile it's pulled tight in the front, I have parts trying to pop out, I can't breathe. ==nightmare==
  • ssnowdon76
    Options

I've done that one too, during push presses. My coach was freaking out but I was cracking up out of embarrassment.

Both this and wall ball to the face. :)
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow, I really hoped I'd be more than 8 days into CF before I had a fail to post! Today was my 1st day out of on ramp and into regular group. I fell over backwards doing the snatch. The trainer tried to ease my embarrassment by telling me that meant my weight was too light.....not so effective when I'm laying flat on my back.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Awww. I actually was thinking of you while I was doing my box jumps yesterday. I remembered your tale of shin woe, and our coach was trying to train us to NOT look at the box while we jump. It's really hard to just trust that your feet will go in the right place if you're not looking down at them. I did it, but I kept expecting to lose my shins.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have seen more people fall while looking then the ones who do not. It kind of defies rational thinking, but has been my experience.
  • sburde2
    Options
    I don't look at the box when I jump. I look at it right before but then I look down and just jump, it's fun lol
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did an Olympic Weightlifting class at my box yday and finally did a split + jerk correctly. On rep 4 I guess I was fatigued and slammed the bar into my chin on the way up.

Wouldve been a great split jerk had I not hurt my face. Really embarrassing! I guess dont lift if your even slightly tired.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was doing bar facing burpees and smacked my forehead on the bar. I then followed that up by tripping on the bar. Catching a medicine ball in the face is no joke. Last time I did that my neck hurt for a week

SOT press can be pretty humbling
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    -Overextended my lead leg during the first round of a WOD with weighted lunges = Instantly pulled hamstring & couldn't finish the WOD.
    -Box jump gone wrong = scraped and bleeding knee (scar still present)
    -First time hook gripping = ripped 1st layer of skin off both thumbs
    -Sprints + loosely tied shoe = ran out of shoe
    -Log flip w/ a warped log + coach standing beside me = nearly hitting coach in the face as it recoiled from hitting the ground
    I could go on....
    Thankfully, the last one in the list happened the most recently...CF is definitely improving my former lack of coordination. :)
  • sburde2
    Options
    The thigh/hip stretches on the "horse"..... You know the one where your ankles are held in place and you either face the ground and lift yourself up at the waist, OR you can face up and do torturous crunches. I am not a small lady, so I wear baggy t-shirts. Getting onto the thing alone is enough to create nightmares for those who have to witness it. :embarassed: After getting settled I get started, except my tshirt is stuck underneath me where my thighs meet the "machine", so every time I come up to parallel my shirt is pulled so tight at the back of the neck that it rips, every time. Meanwhile it's pulled tight in the front, I have parts trying to pop out, I can't breathe. ==nightmare==

Everytime I do GHD situps on those my shorts end up sliding way down and everyone gets to see my thong...just lovely lol