April 10th Challenge

Options

Replies

• heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am making "not your average tuna" tonight. It is a recipe from my old trainer that uses avocado in place of mayo! So it adds some healthy fats!! It has tuna, avacado, dill relish and i add jalapeno for some spice!! I think I will eat a sweet potato with nothing on it..I have been craving some sweet potatoes!
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    spinach, asparagus, and roasted new potatoes with a dash of garlic. It was healthy because I had quite a bit of green veggies. Hoping to burn off that fat and get my nutrients at the same time.
  • mbfarmgurl
    mbfarmgurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made meatballs (grass fed beef-- raised by us) and I used organic spelt bran to mix instead of store bought crackers, fresh dried herbs for flavour and farm fresh eggs (raised by us) to mix and hold them all together! Salad had no dressing just fresh dries herbs! There was rice but I made only enough for 4 ppl and there are six of us -- so less rice per person and more salad and meat!
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hubby cooked dinner so I am submitting my favorite lunch- Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin, One Slice cheese (today I used extra sharp cheddar) and honey smoked turkey- right aound 200 calories, I ususally add a fruit and anothe side (today it was reduced fat white cheddar popcorn 140 cal and an orange). Plus I did C2K for 2 miles for the bonus. GO LEOTARDO CREW!
  • MadameMiranda
    MadameMiranda Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We had low carb shredded beef tacos with spinach tomatoes onions and fat free cheese . brussel sprouts on the side yummy yummy
  • Super_Mama
    Super_Mama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We made a tasty grilled chicken leg dinner complete with roasted potatoes and free beans and homemade green iced tea, unsweetened. It was delish!
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow this one was soooo hard. Firstly because I Do Not cook, secondly I'm on an extremely strict diet plan which my husband will not eat and last because everything I suggested was a No.

Well needless to say the healthiest I could get him to go was a grilled cheese on 100% wheat bread and a healthy version of chicken soup with veggies. Grapes on the side and a tall glass of water. And I didn't burn anything. Actually it was perfect and he is now enjoying his dinner while I eat lean turkey with a teas of ollive oil and sea salt. And a very large water. I did take a pic of his meal. Yes it did make me feel good making him a meal :). Does this mean he has to do the dishes?? Oh Yes!!!

And I walked 2.8 miles today! Bonus!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just marinated and glazed some salmon, roasted potatoes, and asparagus. Super delicious!!
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Posting for pkrichar - Oatmeal, skim milk and low cholesterol eggs for breakfast. Flounder simmered in salsa and corn casserole for supper
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok left overs from last night because it was a large amount cooked

~Boiled split chicken quarters (95. Calories)

~boy choy with mushrooms (35 calories)
    One head bok choy
    One box mushrooms
    1/2 an onion
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    Sprinkle of salt
    Spoon of soy
    Thin slice of ginger chopped finley
    Sprinkle. Of garlic salt

~ salad. (70 calories )
    Lettuce mix( from bag)
    Almonds
    Ranch dressing
    Cheese (for children 5&7)

~ GINGER TEA (homemade) (2 calories)

Calories for total meal : 222

We are a family of 4 we ate this 2 days for lunch and dinner plus by husband took 2 extra servings for other people . We spent under under $50 if you had to buy everything new and whole packages which includes salad and dressing which it wasn't half used .
  • MurallyAnn
    MurallyAnn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Team Paulie walnuts

Breakfast this morning was 1 egg & 2 egg whites scrambled with 1 cup spinach, 2 chopped green onions and 1 tbsp. of feta cheese tucked in a half 8 grain pita pocket! Yummy for my daughter and I and only 303 calories!

For lunch I made 3 hard shelled tacos with 1 blacked bean veggie burger divided up with 3 slices of avocado, 2 tbsp of light sour cream and home made salsa on top.I don't have a calorie count on that right now.

I try to make vegetarian meals as much as possible for my daughter who shares my love for good food! The men in my life love beef, chicken and pork!

bonus I walked 5 miles today!
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lunch was ok. Dinner was not. Just not a good day. Did 20 minutes of cardio 35 minutes on the elliptical & 150 squats
  • phenetra
    phenetra Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I cooked grilled turkey wings, spinach/salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, pecans and salad dressing, pasta, crystal light tea
    Walked 1. 5 miles
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today was my 12.5 hour day at work so I just got off and cooking is not on my list of things to do. So I think I will have a tuna fish sandwich with light mayo on wheat bread and some chicken noodle soup. Right now I am just thinking what is fast so that I can go to sleep. Kids and hubby already ate and of course it involved shells and cheese (my kids favorite).

I did walk 8 miles today at work....does that count toward the bonus.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Moltsianti crew posting for Prephred
    Simple meal tonight - cubed beef steak (4 oz) no sauce, med baked potato w unsalted butter, 1/2 pint Pam sauteed mushrooms, small salad.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Moltisanti Crew posting for info_nrs

Boneless skinless chicken breast in barbecue with peas and noodles. The very fact that I'm cooking and not running my kids through McDonald's is the healthy part.

Also jogged 3 miles.
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lunch was a turkey sandwich, wheat thins, carrots and an apple
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    TEAM SACRIMONI

matwana 2 mile walk bonus
  • nicolekrezinski
    nicolekrezinski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I made zucchini "spaghetti" topped with grilled chicken! Healthy because I try to follow a high protein/low carb diet and that it was. :)
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Will post with cap. farm wife as well. Spaghetti squash, 97 percent lean ground beef, and a spicey arribiata sauce with homeade pesto from my herb planters last year. Frozen home grown blackberries (frozen from last years patch) served over honey greek yougart with a sprinkle of stevia and sliced almonds.