Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    11 Miles, past Three-Farthing Stone.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Started on April 1st (doing the walk to Mordor self chart) and I hit 20 miles today! :D Geekdom keeps me moving :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Hi cee134 and xynyth! I'm from the thread that hypotrochoid started back in October when he grandpa was sick. I got to Rivendell and started back to Bag End. I have 74.19 miles to go to get there. I'm so glad I have other trips to take now! Thank you cee134 for starting this group. Do you mind if I finish the trip to Bag End here, then head to Lonely Mountain? I've come such a long way!

This is so much fun!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Heading back...

7.92 miles Sunday
    7.14 miles Monday

74.19 miles to Bag End...Continue west at a leisurely pace. Camp
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,309 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group - it sounds like fun!

I will count from April 1, too, and since then I have done 39 km, that's about 24 miles.
  • cee134
    Options
    The other group is called "To Mordor" and follows the journey in L.O.T.R. However you want to count your miles works as long as you are having fun. Our focus here, of course, is The Hobbit's track, but as said, however you want to continue your journey. I'm glad you all are having fun. I started this group based on hypotrochoid post. It sounded like fun and I felt a group would be easier to track the miles then a long post.
  • xynyth
    Options
    The other group is called "To Mordor" and follows the journey in L.O.T.R. However you want to count your miles works as long as you are having fun. Our focus here, of course, is The Hobbit's track, but as said, however you want to continue your journey. I'm glad you all are having fun. I started this group based on hypotrochoid post. It sounded like fun and I felt a group would be easier to track the miles then a long post.

Before this group I didn't even know there were groups on mfp lol. I have just been tracking on a spreadsheet I downloaded from another website that follows the LOTR one, but I figure I just started and am going the same direction :D Plus being in a group with others sounds like a lot more fun than traveling on my own :) Can you link to the post that inspired this so I can read up? Please and thank you!
  • cee134
    Options
  • xynyth
    Options

Thanks!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Heading back...

2.52 miles today...

71.67 miles to Bag End...up ahead, the Old Forest begins to the south, but is hidden in the rain.
  • xynyth
    Options
    4 more miles today, passed the Floating log and back on the East road :)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    209 miles done so far. I will soon be camping near the stunted alder trees
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have ventured 11.6 miles so far. I guess I need to pick up my pace...I feel like I am dragging behind.
  • cee134
    Options
    I'm at 13 miles.

By the way this isn't a race or anything, this is how many miles a day makes you feel good. The idea is to have motivation to log and thus motivation to exercise. I am currently in a competition with a friend outside of MFP which makes it even more fun for me.

What I do is time myself to know how fast I'm going and how many miles I've done. (I use Google Maps to find the distance, they have a special distance calculator that you have to turn on but you can find out the distance of any path you take.)
  • lilithfaire23
    Options
    10 miles from April 3rd to today.
  • ZeonDax
    ZeonDax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started today so I will calculate from Monday til now is 12 miles....
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel really slow because since Monday I've only done about 4 miles :embarassed: . Hopefully once the weekend hits I'll be able to ramp that up a little bit. I'm going to England next month and will be walking my butt of so that will certainly boost my mileage :drinker:
  • ZeonDax
    ZeonDax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Added an additional 3 miles before bed...total 15 for today!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Heading back...

7.54 miles for today...

64.13 miles to Bag End...continue at a fast pace. Forest is now quite close, but still hidden in the rain.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,309 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 8.64 km
    Thursday: 2.66 km

Total: 50.75 km (31.53 miles)