It's Tuesday, let's Talk ;)

Options

Replies

• MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am getting excited because I am going hiking in the Grand Canyon next Monday. I think it will be awesome.

Do ya need some company?????????????????
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I went to the park today at lunch to walk. BUT, I layed on a blanket in the sun instead (86 degrees in good ole' south GA) .

I drank at 14 oz Sonic Strawberry Cream Slush...so now I'm 200 cal over my limit.

I'm having 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow...kinda scared
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Those sound fun Nola!! Enjoy!

Good luck with your car Jen!

And, good luck with your teeth Melody!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Monday it was in the 70s in Iowa today it is 37 and possible snow tomorrow. I hate this weather!

Jen- I was having car issues, it's now been in the chop two full weeks and the last esimate was $2,500. I hope you get better news!

Nola- Enjoy!!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Also, my foot finally felt like normal today (plantar fasciitis for 2 wks) - I didn't even want to get out of bed so I wouldn't have to walk on it and potentially make it flare up again but I'm hoping if its still ok at the end of the day I can get in a little workout :bigsmile:

Tip on the PF - make sure you keep your calves and tendons that wrap your keep stretched. Step up on a step and position yourself to do heel lifts over the edge. Drop your heels down and hold the stretch, going as deep as you can. During a flare, try freezing a bottle of water and rolling that back and forth under the arch of your feet. The ice soothes, the motion massages and eases the pain. If you're not mid-flare, you can do the same thing with a tennis ball to massage and stretch those tendons.

I've been living with PF for more than 10 years now... I can't build my calf muscles without losing feeling in my feet, which sucks. My favorite workouts are step aerobics and hiking through the Ozark mountains... both of which tend to lead to flare ups for me. But, you learn what you can and can't get away with, and you survive.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    where is everyone? how's your Wednesday going?

Should I start a wake up Wednesday thread? haha

It's Hump Day. I'm saving my energy for tonight. :devil: :smokin:
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    NOLA, so bf and I (and maybe some friends) will be going to NOLA to celebrate my b-day. B-day is May 3 but bf is off the weekend BEFORE so that's when we're planning (april 26-28).
    I was reading last night, that weekend is Jazz Festival. How is that?? I'm sooo excited. I've been to NOLA 2 times but bf hasn't, well at least not to party (he's flown to airport). Anywho, is it crazy packed that weekend? I can't wait!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @nolachick foot injuries are no joke. I hope you get better soon.

My Wed is going great! Though it's my Sunday in a sense of the work week. I am going to bed in a couple of hrs to start my Monday later tonight. I did get a nice hug from the kick boxing instructor today. She teaches Zumba and I always hang out in the back of her class. 2 reasons 1) I hate my reflection in the mirror. 2) I am 6'3 and don't want to obstruct the view of the other ladies during the classs. Today though I was right up front and center for the kick boxing class. I claimed my spot and made sure I had my room. I would die of embarrassment, cancel my gym mmembership, and never return if I ever clock a girl in one of the classes. :embarassed: The instructor hugged me b/c she was proud of me being up front and center in the class instead of the back.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    @melody - that sounds painful but I've heard of ppl losing weight after getting their wisdom teeth extracted so I would be kinda excited about that LOL. hope it goes ok.

@jkandktmom - is your insurance covering your car? that sounds like a lot of $$$

@lacroyx, that is so considerate of u not hugging up the mirror at zumba - I hate when ppl do that. you are so nice :)

@tube socks - jazz fest is usually fun, have u gotten ur tix yet? ppl take jazz fest serious haha. depends on what ur trying to do that weekend u will probably have a lot of fun in the quarter or at the fest. the crowds will be at the fest tho so don't go if u don't like to be in big crowds and in the hot sun but if u love good food and music - DO IT!

@2stepz - thanks for the tips - this is my first time experiencing this type of pain. I usually had just shin splints but that went away quickly. this FT flare has lasted 2 weeks and it has progressed from limping to walking funny and today I think i'm better. I have been trying to do all the stretches that I've read about online. how long before u go back to working out tho? i'm scared to hurt it all over again.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    @2stepz - thanks for the tips - this is my first time experiencing this type of pain. I usually had just shin splints but that went away quickly. this FT flare has lasted 2 weeks and it has progressed from limping to walking funny and today I think i'm better. I have been trying to do all the stretches that I've read about online. how long before u go back to working out tho? i'm scared to hurt it all over again.

If you feel like you can make it through whatever you're doing... try it. Listen to your body. However... make sure you stretch REALLY WELL before and after. (especially after)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see. I went to deep water aerobics tonight and was distracted the entire time by a cute lifeguard (I soooooo need to get laid :indifferent: )

I got my BodyMedia today, and am super excited to see how it works.

I either did something right or something really wrong yesterday because I'm sore today. I don't get sore.

I got contacted about having an interview to teach in Russia.

Oh, PS, my favorite band announced a show today in Baltimore on May 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Putting in a request to not work that day when I go into work tomorrow (only working 3 days/week FTW!).
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    @melody - that sounds painful but I've heard of ppl losing weight after getting their wisdom teeth extracted so I would be kinda excited about that LOL. hope it goes ok.

@jkandktmom - is your insurance covering your car? that sounds like a lot of $$$

@lacroyx, that is so considerate of u not hugging up the mirror at zumba - I hate when ppl do that. you are so nice :)

@tube socks - jazz fest is usually fun, have u gotten ur tix yet? ppl take jazz fest serious haha. depends on what ur trying to do that weekend u will probably have a lot of fun in the quarter or at the fest. the crowds will be at the fest tho so don't go if u don't like to be in big crowds and in the hot sun but if u love good food and music - DO IT!

We won't be going to the actual jazz fest. I just figure all who are going to the fest will be on Bourbon later that night. That's where we will be!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    So my friend came and looked at my car. My starter is frozen and they wont be able to fix it til saturday *sigh*
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So my friend came and looked at my car. My starter is frozen and they wont be able to fix it til saturday *sigh*

What kind of car? Crazy as it sounds I think of an older car and my first thought is to tap it with a hammer :o
  • nolachick
    Options
    it's Tuesday again! how is everyone? :drinker:

I'm feeling kind of down/confused for no reason today. I plan on having a serious workout tonight to make myself feel better or atleast release some stress.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    it's Tuesday again! how is everyone? :drinker:

I'm feeling kind of down/confused for no reason today. I plan on having a serious workout tonight to make myself feel better or atleast release some stress.

Sorry to hear that! I hate those down days!

I'm having a weird day... where weird things happen. A male friend of mine asked me to be his dance partner for swing dancing- the kind where you pick people up and flip them over your knee and stuff... I've lost weight... but not that much!! LOL
    My mother informed me that she has 3 dates this week... all different guys on different nights.-weird
    My ex-fiance' from Argentina has informed me that he plans to visit me here in the states in January- he never visited that while we were together (we both used to live in Peru) why would he do it now?-weird
    And I found 2 awesome dresses at old navy that look awesome on me... which is weird because I never find anything there.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Did yoga at lunch and will be doing PiYo after work. Wondering if I should stop by my old roommates place for a hang out or not :/
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Did yoga at lunch and will be doing PiYo after work. Wondering if I should stop by my old roommates place for a hang out or not :/

What is PiYo?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Sorry to hear that! I hate those down days!

I'm having a weird day... where weird things happen. A male friend of mine asked me to be his dance partner for swing dancing- the kind where you pick people up and flip them over your knee and stuff... I've lost weight... but not that much!! LOL
    My mother informed me that she has 3 dates this week... all different guys on different nights.-weird
    My ex-fiance' from Argentina has informed me that he plans to visit me here in the states in January- he never visited that while we were together (we both used to live in Peru) why would he do it now?-weird
    And I found 2 awesome dresses at old navy that look awesome on me... which is weird because I never find anything there.

thnx breshabebe. all those things kind of sound good. your mom is getting her groove back lol (not sure how u feel about her dating, but good for her! I cannot even get one haha)
    about the ex fiancé...hmm not sure how u feel about that so this may be good or bad.

I love old navy and I love dresses so this can only be GOOD!!! :smile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

What is PiYo?

A class that a combination of Pilates, Yoga and Strength training. It's awesome.