hi im new, looking for other pcos friends

Options
beckslite
beckslite Posts: 125 Member
Hi all,
I'm new to mfp and am looking for friends with pcos. As you all know its a struggle to loose weight, but its even worse with pcos. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Becks

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Welcome! It's a great group of women on this group who support eachother in everything to do with PCOS.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Struggling also...
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I lost weight using Metformin and know a lot of others who did too. HTH.
  • beckslite
    Options
    thanks everyone, i am taking metformin to, will add you :)
  • nekol88
    nekol88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi! :) I've been on metformin for two months now, the beginning was horrible, but I'm finally used to it :) I've lost 16 lbs since that day. I'm definitely gonna add you :)
  • beckslite
    Options
    thanks. ive been on it for a few years now, and for me its been worth it :happy:
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I couldn't stomach metformin. Tried for 6 months then gave up on it completely. I'm aiming for weightloss as my best bet at maintaining health now
  • elenacy
    elenacy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm med free and managing (just!), came off the BC last month as I think it was making me a little psycho. Took metformin seven years ago to help get pregnant, thankfully with success. Now I'm just trying to find the balance that stops my sugar highs and lows. Have learnt a lot from MFP and am happy to share and support :)
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Feel free to add me (and that offer is open to everyone :) ) I was diagnosed when I was 16 ... So nine years ago now. Using metformin and BC to "manage it" but since losing some weight have been having some issues so hoping to get them sorted when I see my gynaecologist in July.
  • ginaNJ73
    ginaNJ73 Posts: 26
    Options
    I, too have had PCOS for years now.. but am med free... until I can get to an endocrinologist. Feel free to Add Me... anyone else, too!
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm taking metformin and tic, please feel free to add me guys xxx
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    36187518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sophierocious
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I tried metformin for 4 weeks and the terrible side effects never subsided. I know it will be harder without it, but I'm working toward my goal! Slowly, but surely
  • beckslite
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the welcome. So far am loving mfp. :)
  • jenabrooke87
    Options
    Hello, I'm looking for some friends for encouragement, too. PCOS has really dragged me through the gutters this year. Decided to give mfp another try.

I'm currently on spironolactone and taking an antidepressant as of last week due to the extreme lows I was having.
  • stormygirl_82
    Options
    I am always hoping for supportive friends. I also have PCOS and i am a small person. 4' 10''. Please feel free to add me. I only monitor my carbs and sugars and i take metformin.
  • Greenlola
    Greenlola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed in 2005, i tried metformin for about 2 months and was having side effects due to the fact the pharmacist never told me i had to take it with food..... I stopped taking it as i felt my blood sugar levels were complety out of wack.
    I will be seing a new family physician next week and hope to get some hormone tests done to check my levels and then decide the best course of action from there.

I been working very hard at losing weight since Nov. 2012 but only lost a few pounds and lately i find it extremely hard to eat clean and stay on track, probably from the lack of progress.

Feel free to add me, or anyone on here, would love the extra support of fellow PCOS sisters :) that can understand our struggles.
  • beckslite
    Options
    Yes metformin can be problematic at first, but when taken properly it can work well. Unfortunately some people really do suffer on it. :)
  • Dblwdqn
    Dblwdqn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 27 and new to mfp as well. I was diagnosed with pcos a few months ago, and am desperately trying to lose weight. I was prescribed metformin, stopped taking it due to stomach issues, but when I've researched it more and saw what luck others had on I decided to try once again. Unfortunately I don't have any friends around who are committed to eating healthy and working out so It would be great to 'meet' other like minded individuals!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed in 2005, i tried metformin for about 2 months and was having side effects due to the fact the pharmacist never told me i had to take it with food..... I stopped taking it as i felt my blood sugar levels were complety out of wack.
    I will be seing a new family physician next week and hope to get some hormone tests done to check my levels and then decide the best course of action from there.

I been working very hard at losing weight since Nov. 2012 but only lost a few pounds and lately i find it extremely hard to eat clean and stay on track, probably from the lack of progress.

Feel free to add me, or anyone on here, would love the extra support of fellow PCOS sisters :) that can understand our struggles.

yeah i always take my 3 a day with my 3 main meals breakfast, lunch and dinner and other then uncomfortable pinching in the tummy when i up my dose and being really sleepy I luckily dont have many side effects and the ones i have i take gladly knowing my body is getting better =)

*edit some spelling bugs