Besides losing weight, what is your April goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally make the switch to low-fat foods. I have been stubborn on giving up my real sour cream, mayo, and dressings. I use them pretty frequently, and I'm starting to get bummed out that they take up so much of my calories and fat for the day. So time to change that.

Don't give them up!!! Those are real foods, the reduced stuff lacks nutrients that the full fat/calorie ones have. I actually switched to full fat items, from 'diet' ones. I just use less, or less often. I do use 0% or 2% greek yogurt and my yogurt ranch dressing sometimes, but I think that's about it.

I tried using less, but that didn't really work out for me. I'm not concerned about losing nutrients from mayo, sour cream and dressings. I take vitamins and eat plenty of other food with nutrients in them. Once I reach my goals I'll start to implement them back into my diet.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally make the switch to low-fat foods. I have been stubborn on giving up my real sour cream, mayo, and dressings. I use them pretty frequently, and I'm starting to get bummed out that they take up so much of my calories and fat for the day. So time to change that.

Don't give them up!!! Those are real foods, the reduced stuff lacks nutrients that the full fat/calorie ones have. I actually switched to full fat items, from 'diet' ones. I just use less, or less often. I do use 0% or 2% greek yogurt and my yogurt ranch dressing sometimes, but I think that's about it.

I tried using less, but that didn't really work out for me. I'm not concerned about losing nutrients from mayo, sour cream and dressings. I take vitamins and eat plenty of other food with nutrients in them. Once I reach my goals I'll start to implement them back into my diet.

Yeah I don't really use those items at all anymore, lol. im just talking about milk, cheeses, etc, things like that. those are just condiments really. :) I would just do away with them, well, besides dressing. yum yum. haha! :)
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Yeah I don't really use those items at all anymore, lol. im just talking about milk, cheeses, etc, things like that. those are just condiments really. :) I would just do away with them, well, besides dressing. yum yum. haha! :)

I have found that I'm using less of them as the months go by. And now that i don't really enjoy these products all that much, it seems to be helping me with eliminating them all together. I LOVE cheese, hahaha! I have switched to reduced fat cheese for tacos, pasta dishes and mexican food. But it stops there. :) And I've always drank 2% milk, and will never go to 1% or skim. Tastes like water to me.
  • PandraBear
    PandraBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'll have a couple goals for April besides getting into ONEderland (a term I'm still new to).

I'd like to tone up, my arms in particular (bat-wings like crazy).

I'd also really like to increase my outdoor exercise. I have put in a request to change my work schedule, so I should have more time available to exercise in the anticipated weather improvement in my area.
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is to hold myself more accountable. There was a time in the last few months that I was crazy about logging everything and working out daily. Since getting a silly sinus infection last month, that mindset has gone. I NEED to get it back. So, my goal is to log everything (regardless of how bad my day was) and to workout in some fashion every day.
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Decrease my sugar consumption and I have cut out all sweets. I don't eat a ton of chocolate, but I needed to cut back on sugars in general. And now that I cannot eat chocolate that is all I want. Isn't that the way it goes:)
  • landyardsale
    Options
    Cutting back on alcohol...I'm thinking about not drinking for the next 3-4 weeks! Also, I started 30 Day Shred and my goal is to successfully complete all 30 days with no rest days!
  • cschmid4
    cschmid4 Posts: 4
    Options
    My company is doing a "Get Active" challenge for 8 weeks, including through the month of April, and my goals for that are to get 70,000+ steps and 250+ minutes of exercise each week. We're on week 5 now, and I met both of my goals for the first 4 weeks!