Hi! New here with some questions...

Options
rosemaryhon
rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
Hello all :). I'm hoping some can help me with some newbie issues:

1. how can I personalize my food diary, particuarly to reflect my low carb, low sodium goals, etc?
2. why did my sauteed peppers & onions tally to something like 27 carbs when I added them to my dinner diary?! yikes! LOL
3. I'm hoping to make some friends too :)
4. oh and anyway I can add a pic directly from my Facebook? I sign in via FB if that helps.

Thanks!

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    1. Click on HOME, GOALS, CHANGE GOALS, select CUSTOM, CONTINUE. You need more sodium on a low carb diet.

2. Onions have a lot of natural sugar.

Welcome!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura!

:( oh I love onions and have been piling them on without care!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura!

:( oh I love onions and have been piling them on without care!
    I still eat onions. I just limit them.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I eat onions too. Small onion is 7 carbs. The husband and I might split one in a meal. 1 red pepper is another 4 carbs. That's 11 carbs total. Split for two people would be 5.5 carbs.

27 carbs for a single meal is a LOT of onions and peppers. Are you sure the quantities you've been eating are that much?
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I feel like being strict I'll use a little bit of green onions instead of white onions, but I do use regular white onions too. One of my favorite things to add to recipes is some of that frozen stir fry mix of peppers and onions. It does have carbs, but a little goes a long way flavor wise. One cup of Birds Eye Pepper Stir-Fry for example has 4.31 net carbs. per cup..
  • wigglingalltheway
    Options
    Welcome,

I got caught out with onions too back when I was doing strict ketosis. I am about 2-3 Kg over my "ideal" weight now so stick to a carb cycling approach of 2 days <50g 1 day <150g (though oddly I am so used to eating low carb now I really struggle to eat 150g without hitting the naughty naughty things).

Are you going for a ketosis based diet or just trying to eat LC? If your target is not ketosis I would dare say you can get away with the onion :o)
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to go to Settings - Nutrients Tracked and add Fiber to your list. You can then subtract your total fiber from your total carbs to get your net carbs for the day. Peppers and onions do have some fiber.
  • fboab
    fboab Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't forget to go to Settings - Nutrients Tracked and add Fiber to your list. You can then subtract your total fiber from your total carbs to get your net carbs for the day. Peppers and onions do have some fiber.
    If you're in the UK our nutritional labels count fibre differently- it isn't necessarily included in the total carbs count. Just something to be aware of.