Running Shorts

Options
Hey All, I need to update some of my running gear. I'm looking for some running shorts that aren't too long, but will cover the tooshie while running, I also do not like a high waist line (feels too constricting). Does anyone have a favorite brand or style of shorts? I have to say, this is branching out for me as I ALWAYS run in pants as I'm a bit self conscious, I'm finally to the point where I'm comfortable wearing shorts out in public.

Replies

• Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump would like to know some goodies too :-)
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite brand, but my favorite style is just old loose cutoffs. Given that most people don't like running in those I'd say go to www.rei.com -- they have everything and if you don't like it you can send it back even if you've used it, washed it, doesn't matter, they will take it back. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike's tempo shorts. You can find similar styles with all the major brands, Under Armour, Adidas or Reebok as well. I'm kind of a Nike snob though.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort! Everything I have ever worn by them is absolutely wonderful!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Heard Skorts mentioned before. I've never been a huge shorts fan but now I like the running ones with like the Lil slit on the thigh
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sweatty Betty do a really nice running skort
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Nike Dri Fit are my favorites.

These are not the exact ones I have (I've had this pair for years) but I love them! They have the inner liner that really does keep the sweat off and it's long enough to help prevent chafing on my inner thighs. When it's time for new ones, this is what I'll be looking for.

http://www.rei.com/product/783571/nike-dri-fit-pacer-running-shorts-womens
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    These aren't the exact ones I have, but I don't like "normal" running shorts because of chaffing. these are like the tigher capris just shorter.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-NWTS8.html
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a pair of Brooks Versatile 5 inch woven shorts from REI. I ran 15 miles in them today and LOVE them. No chaffing, no rubbing, cool and breezy! I MUST order more, especially at that price! Well, nuts, they raised the price $7, but I'd still pay it for another pair. They're just the right length for me AND the waist is designed to roll down if you want a lower waisted short.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Nike Dri-fit are my go-to shorts. You may want to look for the women's ones of course :)
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I got brave and bought a pair of Nike spandex running capris. They are the most confortable thing I have ever worn to run. I just picked up a lighter weight pair of New Balance ones for the warmer weather too.