can't find the motivation to get moving! Ugh!

Options
cfranz7715
cfranz7715 Posts: 38 Member
I feel like a blob on the couch that has all these great intentions and then when it comes down to getting up and actually do something ... I don't feel like it! I thought after i "dropped a few pounds"... ok, I've dropped close to 50lbs now... I'd feel more like moving and exercising. I know, I know... as soon as I start I'll feel better and it will get somewhat easier... I just need a kick in the rear!

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. At least you have dropped 50 pounds! Congrats to that:drinker: I found that I can do the food or the exercise but not both! So right now I'm trying Jillian Michaels DVD called the 30 day Shred. This video is only a 25 minute work out including warm up and cool down! But she kicks your butt and you will work every muscle in your body. I'm on day 7 right now! I read the threads from the multiple 30 day shred groups on here and it seems that the people that actually finished the 30 day shred, lost a minimum of 5 pounds, but they lost several inches all over their body! I figured if I can't committ to at least 20 minutes a day, then I'm in trouble! I'm hoping that If I can do this, i will have created a new habit and exercising will become second nature!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. One thing that helps me when I am extremely unmotivated is to do one of the "daily challenge" things. Somehow it is easier to do something that I have challenged myself to do rather than just part of a workout routine. In addition, they have specific days associated with them so they have to (in my mind anyway) be done that day in order to count. They usually don't take long at all and something is better than nothing. Besides, usually once I get going, I keep going. If not, at least I've met the challenge for the day. For example, I intend on doing RI30 when I get home from work. Either way, I did the squats for today on the 30 day squat challenge during my lunch break at work so I know I've done something. Good luck staying motivated. Remember, anything's better than nothing, so just try something small.
  • deh66
    deh66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats on losing 50 pounds. That is great! I have the same issue of being unmotivated. I joined a gym and have to force myself to get there at least 3 times a week. I have been counting calories and trying to exercise but have not seen any results so I think that is my problem. But I am NOT giving up! I hope you don't either! :bigsmile:
  • bigsargeofsc
    Options
    I'm just curious what is keeping you unmotivated? You're obviously having success is dropping pounds with a 50 pounds weight reduction. And that is outstanding work! You should be proud of what you have done. I have told people before that the biggest part in the weight loss journey is winning the battle of the mind. I'm going out on a limb here, and I could be very wrong, but I'm wondering if you are not dragging some emotion issue with that keeps you unmotivated. Its a tough thing to do, and its a road I've walked before, to have to face something that is not pleasent so it can be moved aside and taken out of life. You're doing a great job and should be jumping around for joy. Be careful about surrendering your feelings and emotions to outside influences. That's a lot of power to give up to things you can't control. As I said, I could be way off base. I just wanted to see you motivated and encourage by the victories you have accomplished so far.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You need to celebrate your current success, it in not a little accomplishement! Way to go! There are days that I feel unmotivated also, a few things I do.
    Get up and go for a quick walk..
    Put on my workout clothing even if I am not in the mood...If I have gone that far chances are I am going to do it.
    Put in my workout video and start....I can always stop if I am really not feeling it that day.

Just do your best, that is all any of us can do, and you may find the same thing I did that if I just make an effort to start then the rest will take care of itself.
  • Lauramag68
    Lauramag68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes too I think we all do, I get up early when hubby and son have gone to work and I work out , then I can have my breakfast and get on with the day, I just make myself do it, I know if I put it off I will never get fit or lose to weight.
    Anyway congrats with what you have done so far and good luck.
  • turtledove910124
    turtledove910124 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always say the hardest part of working out is getting out the door. Once you start it gets easier.
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lifting isn't my problem.
    Cutting the calories to drop that last bit of fat is.

It's like I have to go full blown cardio bunny mode or limit myself more than ever.

And i'm not even trying for that 6-pack now.
    I just want the last of my moobage to go away for the summer. LOL!
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I am always tired, fatigued and unmotivated. I never feel like it either, but I find when I just get up and put on workout clothes....that usually leads to getting me out the door. I just aim to walk at least 3 days a week and go for 5 days if I have it in me. I walk for at least 30 minutes, usually at least 1 mile, but up to 2 miles right now. I also drink one green smoothie a day to help with energy and weight loss, but I just started that. I keep trying to visualize how I'll look and feel if I lose weight. And once I do, then I'm going to treat myself to some new clothes! We can do this! Just small smalls changes as you go and ease into a workout schedule so as to not get bored or overwhelmed. Good Luck!