workout?

Options
Hi I was just reading a few posts and just wanted to know....do you'll only follow your diets or do you'll workout as well?
And if so what kind of workout or exercises do you see have helped you out the most?

Replies

• jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I'm just getting started, cardio will get you good weight loss. When I run or ride my bike a lot, it's almost a struggle to eat enough. Then I started adding strength workouts to kick it up a notch. The diet aspect for me is more about nutritional awareness than weight loss.
  • EloniJayne
    Options
    I stick to my calorie limit and do about 40mins of aerobic and muscular exercises on the wii fit every day x
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found the NHS choices 'Couch to 5K' program to be amazing... It teaches you how to run in 9 weeks via podcasts. (Check it out here: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx ) I have NEVER run before, but now Im on week 5 and feel like I could conquer the world!

I also follow this abs work out, especially if I am at home! (I like to use the gym alot!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEsD12Zyrc

I then do other bits and bobs at the gym (weights, arm cycle, bike riding etc).

I actually started working out before I considered changing my diet! :)
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i do a modified paleo diet basically i dont eat grains besides oatmeal and whole wheat bread. no pasta no rice and no potatoes esp. Most days out of the week, usually 5, i do kick boxing and sprint suicides and also just restarted jillian michaels 30 day shred for toning. looking to get down to 120 by late june and im 140 now so you can see why im going so intense :)

oh and lifting weights helped out a great deal! toned up my back theres no more rolls there! i used to lift moderate to light and rarely heavy when i had a gym membership but now i just use home dumbells. my arms are registered weapons :p
  • AshSparkz
    AshSparkz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Diet is really important and being in your calorie deficit, i've started adding fasted cardio in the morning and it's doing wonders for my weight. try it out! Just do 30-40minutes of Fast paced walking in the mornings before you eat anything, then continue your diet as normal! :)
  • MissAsanda
    MissAsanda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates dramatically, i can gain it quickly and lose it quickly, so when i want to slim down and maintain my desired weight, i stick to 5 small meals a day, each containing protein , stay within 1200 calories and do 20 minutes exercise at east 4 times a week including strength training, running or cardio.Works for me.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not doing anything specific when it comes to my eating. I don't do diets. Just focus on eating better. As far as exercise I'm a cardio junkie. I love cardio, cardio. Strength training is great too. I just don't do that, that often yet. I'm currently doing Insanity. We'll see how this goes but so far it's defiantly a challenge for me.
  • brims27
    brims27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, just started doing the couch to 5k program... I am struggling with going from the couch to the first week of training lol.. Dos it get easier?
  • jelk8881
    jelk8881 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi. I like to stick within my cal limit. I love to zumba though and I do stomach exercises too.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, just started doing the couch to 5k program... I am struggling with going from the couch to the first week of training lol.. Dos it get easier?

YES!!! The first run I did I felt like my lungs were trying to crawl out of my throat and my chest ached for hours afterwards!! (Genuinely felt like death!) However, Im now on week 5 and running (and I mean RUNNING!) In 8 minute blocks! I feel amazing! Keep going, dont give up. Once you hit week 3 you'll definitely feel better!
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    I cut out junk food and sweets at the beginning and up'd my cardio (Im a huge cardio addict. I was running five miles and swimming two everyday over this past summer) I only recently start really watching what I ate and stopped myself from over eating some days and its helped a lot! Since I am such a cardio addict, I would excuse the bad days, but now Ive been really strict about my diet and eating clean and healthy foods and its helped so much! Before, I just looked really strong and since my muscles already came through a little, the diet has helped highlight them so much more! So for me, the greatest change Ive seen is with both
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I'm only in Week 2, but I'm surprised how quickly it's gotten easier! Technically, I did Week 1 twice -- just not consecutively. I started, went on vacation, and then decided I should re-start so today I finished W2D2. Yesterday was an off-day, but I was bored and went for a walk/jog and at one point I ended up jogging 8 1/2 minutes without a walkingbreak. The first 3 minutes were hard, but I pushed through that it and it became surprisingly easy.

Just remember, go at your own pace and there's no shame in repeating days/weeks. You don't want to strain yourself and end up getting hurt. Go slow with the jogging intervals.