Email I Sent to FOK Website

Options
kmcosgrove115
kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
Hope you all were able to see the before and after "in progress" pic I put up today - today is day 63 on WFPB and I really needed the visual to see the difference. Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/955801-can-anyone-see-a-difference

Anyway, sent the below to FOK email today - maybe I'll get my in progress story posted and I'll be famous! Thought it might explain more of my health issues I had last year and what prompted me to really make a lifestyle change:

Early Feb 2013 I had just seen my doctor after a terrible health year in 2012 with 7 lung infections that sent my asthma off the charts and put me on steroids much of the year along with back to back antibiotics causing the fluora in my gut to be completely out of whack so everything I tried to eat came out FAST and OFTEN to the point I started avoiding eating at all which had its own health problems in slowing down metabolism and so much more. I went on probiotics to help myself in some way get control of my health but after my appt. in early Feb 2013, I came home in tears, so sad, feeling like a failure and wondering how to change my appearance, how I felt, everything when I could barely stay healthy long enough to do anything about it.

I happened (now I think it must have been fate) to hear from a friend at work about Forks Over Knives and watched it the night of 2/7/13 on Netflix – there was no going back! I just knew this was real information that explained so much. It clicked and all the dots were connected. I switched the NEXT day (2/8/13), no hesitation, nothing – went full whole food plant based and it was so much easier then I thought. I actually LOVED all the food and explored the Happy Herbivore and Engine 2 sites as early info for data and recipes. I bought cookbooks from your site and theirs and went from a woman hating to cook to a woman even after a long day at work dying to come home and make a delicious meal.

I am a divorced mother of 2 kids who I adore and for them, I also needed to change and to live to see their weddings and grandkids and so much more! I have noticed in the 63 days I have been doing this so much – asthma, GONE! Got sick once this year – MILD requiring no antibiotics and for the first time I had a swollen lymph node in my neck during the cold that I never had before – I know we all have them but for years I had no immune system because of how we ate growing up and how I ate as an adult not knowing all I know now. So to feel a lymph node swollen and knowing oh, this is how the body is supposed to fight disease and infection, was NEW and thrilling!

My skin was always pretty clear but it is absolutely baby soft these days – simply flawless in every part of my body and glowing! I had a slight improvement already in vision when I went for my yearly eye appt. and an enormous 14 pound loss in weight in just 63 days. My digestion issues resolved now with NO probiotics anymore and I truly can tell my body now knows it can hold on to the food for nutrition and burn off the excess. I am on no asthma medications any longer as well. I feel light and airy on a daily basis, sleep like a rock where before I was up tossing and turning every night and got very little sleep and rarely am I tired at work during the day anymore.

The transformation in just 63 days is amazing, absolutely astonishing. In June of this year I plan to have the doctor re-run my BW – they were never bad numbers before but always in the high normal range so I am curious how the numbers will compare to last August of 2012 in the height of steroids and medications and poor nutrition.

In the meantime, as a tool to stay motivated and really SEE the results, I am attaching a before and after pic from my day 5 early on start date to my day 63 mark which is today (4/11/13) – the difference is astonishing and my smile says it all as I looked so unhappy in the 1st before picture! Many said they are sure the pounds will keep dropping especially with my body re-learning to have a healthy metabolism but in the meantime to pay attention to my shape and take measurements as well as side by side pics – the pics really put it all in perspective for me today and I wanted to email you my small success story “in progress.”

You have opened my eyes to good health, the only healthy way to eat for LIFE and have given me invaluable tools through your movie and your continued work! Thank you for telling us as patients what many doctors will not – how to obtain fantastic health in the simplest way and see such dramatic results AND feel amazing in the process. This did not start, nor is it now, a “diet” – this is a true lifestyle change and anywhere I go, I speak with excitement about eating WFPB and all the wonderful things it has brought me!

Replies

• 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    Well said! Let me know if you hear a response.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! In just 63 days what a difference it made for you!
    So inspirational!
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great progress and success story!
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great testimonial! I have been totally plant based since February, 1985, and I will never go back! At that time, I was sick a lot, but not overweight. Weight has almost never been my problem. But with a whole food plant based diet I have my health and strength back. I heal much quicker from injuries. And I have been around for 60 years! I just rode 6 miles on paved surfaces and up hill half of the way on a fat tired mountain bike in 35 minutes. The last of the ride is up the hill that at the beginning of the ride I coast down at 35 mph.

Keep up the good job and you will see great things happen in your life.

Neelie Deer :happy: