Does your meter have 12 point differences???

Options
xxjoellexx
xxjoellexx Posts: 78 Member
Took it this morning, 112. didnt feel like it was right. took it again, immediately, 99. I mean, this is more my reg #. Do your meters do this?? SUCH a wide range of error.

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Acceptable range of error is 20% across the board for all meters. My freestyle is around 8 points higher than the lab
  • xxjoellexx
    xxjoellexx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well i think 8 is better than a whopping 12! Im going to assume it was 99.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Took it this morning, 112. didnt feel like it was right. took it again, immediately, 99. I mean, this is more my reg #. Do your meters do this?? SUCH a wide range of error.

Meter readings vary +/- 10-15 percent and there is no significant clinical difference between a reading of 112 and 99
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, mind does it a lot. Since I've had it for about 18 month now. I think might be time to replace it.
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, mind does it a lot. Since I've had it for about 18 month now. I think might be time to replace it.

What is the life-time of a meter?

I took a reading on my meter straight after my blood was taken for a lab fasting BG. My meter reading was 121, which I repeated and was 114 on the second test, and the lab 111.8.

One thing what got me about the day of my lab tests was the fact my morning fasting BG at home was 98 at 7.19am, my lab tests were taken at about 10.50am. Is this a case of liver dumping?