Week 3 Goals, Motivation and Results

lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
Hello you sexy bunch!

This week we are back on exercise! and we've really got to take it up a notch as we've only got 10 weeks left! (nearly in single figures, which makes it much more intimidating!)

Here are our weekly aims:

You must try 1 new class. This could be at your gym, a new DVD or a new online class on Youtube etc.
You must do 30 minutes of exercise every day! This doesn't mean a sweaty workout, it can be just walking etc. Just get moving!
You must do 150 situps, 150 press ups and 150 squats this week. Do a few each night before bed if you like, or big batches on a couple of days. It's up to you! If you have an injury then switch the exercise with another. Just ask if you need suggestions!

Don't let excuses get the better of you. If your mind brings up an excuse, take a moment and think of a solution. I have a friend who has completely transformed her body in just 6 months. She did this with a lot of hardwork, but she also sat down and thought up solutions to her excuses, before they even became a problem. It IS possible to make significant changes in a short time, but we have to be dedicated and make sure our minds commit first. Our minds will give up way before your body does. SO DON"T LET IT!!!

We've got this guys. Lets really go for it this week and make sure we get some fantastic results at the end.

Update us with how you are getting on, how many minutes, situps etc you can do each day and that way I can make sure our weekly goals are challenging and not easy! Remember, the goals are the bare minimum. When you feel you need to stop,,,,,do 5 more minutes or 5 more pressups! Just think how amazing we are going to look in June :)

And finally, please add any inspirational photos or stories you see along the way to keep us all going :)

Replies

• bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 135 Member
    Hello everybody,
    I didn't lose any weight last week primarily because I wasn't eating enough carbs! I would exercise like crazy and still not lose anything, and yes, it felt frustrating. Lo and behold, I adjusted my diet and ate a few more carbs and voila, started burning again. Hint: our bodies use carbs as fuel to help us to lose weight. Thanks for reading and have a suder-de-duper week!!

Bootilicious
  • lizz2013
    Ooh thanks for the tip! Never heard that increasing carbs can help before, so that will definitely go into my mental weight loss tips bank! Sadly I eat plenty of carbs so I don't think that is the answer for me.
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Love this! I was making excuses so I bought a journal where I find a quote for the day then write how I feel in the morning and if I have any doubts then I write a to do list like going to gym push ups ect no snacking water and as I do I check it off if I don't it gets a black box then I write at the end of the day how I feel so I feel bad about what I didn't do I put it on paper so I don't hold onto it. Then the next day whatever I didn't do I have to do more of
  • lizz2013
    Love this! I was making excuses so I bought a journal where I find a quote for the day then write how I feel in the morning and if I have any doubts then I write a to do list like going to gym push ups ect no snacking water and as I do I check it off if I don't it gets a black box then I write at the end of the day how I feel so I feel bad about what I didn't do I put it on paper so I don't hold onto it. Then the next day whatever I didn't do I have to do more of

That is fantastic and shows such dedication. I do a similar thing, although it is somewhat sporadic. Keep doing what you're doing :)
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    I just started resistance training today. So I'll add that to my workout 2x next week with cardio.
  • lizz2013
    Go get it MrsSassyPants :)

So, here is a little example of what can be achieved in 12-14 weeks. Couldn't find any female examples, but you'll just have to use your imagination a little. Amazing results and if we truly dedicate ourselves to this, we can have similar results!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957172-90lb-in-14-weeks-with-pics-hopefully

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/956605-repost-3-months-34-pounds-later-pics
  • bootilicious
    Just tried on a smaller sized pant and it fit!

Boo-yah!!!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Sweet! I did Hot Yoga for the first time today!!!!! And I did one hour today :happy:

I know I won't be able to do 150 of those. I am still healing a strained muscle in my hip so Squats are difficult and I can't do push ups at all. I will try to do the sit ups and do the exercise thing for sure!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Thank you lizz for those two 12 week examples! I need to get this kind of dedication again!
  • lizz2013
    woop woop for the smaller sized pants! well done :)

If you have an injury then just adapt it and do what you can. How did you get that? Sounds super painful. I hope it heals soon.

If anyone else finds some similar examples of weight loss please post. It is always a nice reminder to see what we CAN achieve.

With only 10 weeks left I am so determined to do this. I DO NOT want to be a fatty stuck in a sweaty tent at Glastonbury festival or in Spain so there really is not cheat option for me.

Athletic point of view all the way!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member

If you have an injury then just adapt it and do what you can. How did you get that? Sounds super painful. I hope it heals soon.

Doing Squats and lunges with my Personal trainer. It actually didn't hurt to bad right away but then just walking around it started giving me searing pain. 90% of the time it wasn't bothering me but i decided to go to the doctor. She told me to take it easy. My PT suggested Chiropractor, and that really helped.

It hasn't bothered me too much the past week or two but I don't want to go hog wild and hurt myself again. So I'm going to easy back into leg exercises. I did do about 30 squats on Friday (Of course for me that was last week).
  • bootilicious
    Hope everybody's having a great day, I'm doing well. I get my fruits and veggies in by juicing 2 carrots, 6 strawberries, 2 kale leaves and 1 orange every morning before work and get all my water in and I have people saying to me, "you are losing weight!" In my mind I am screaming HALLELUYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    All the best to you all this week.

Mrs Bootilicious. X
  • lizz2013
    Hope everybody's having a great day, I'm doing well. I get my fruits and veggies in by juicing 2 carrots, 6 strawberries, 2 kale leaves and 1 orange every morning before work and get all my water in and I have people saying to me, "you are losing weight!" In my mind I am screaming HALLELUYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    All the best to you all this week.

Mrs Bootilicious. X

Great idea. Might try this, although I never see kale in the shops :s
  • lizz2013
    This week is going so quickly for me. Feels like only a couple hours ago that I was getting ready for my morning swim yesterday...and here I am again! Only 2 more days and then I can have a rest day. My body really needs it.

So far this week:
    Fri - 30ds, 45min walking, 25 pushups/squats/situps
    Sat - 10min rowing, 25 pushups/squats/situps
    Sun - 30ds,
    Mon - 60m swim, 45m walk, 25 pushups/squats/situps
    Tues - 60m swim, 30ds, 55m walk, 25 pushups/squats/situps, 50 squats for squat challenge

I've started doing 2 workouts a day as I've read that it has really good results. Going to start with short, high intensity evening workouts and build up to high intensity, plus rowing or stepper machine. I am going to be so ripped in 10 weeks time!

Still drinking loads plus ensuring every meal has veg in it. Hoping for a half inch off my waist this week! So excited to measure :)
  • lizz2013
    Where's everyone's posts people?! If you feel like posting please do! It motivates others and creates a familial atmosphere :)
  • bootilicious
    Kale blends in well, it wont jump out at you to say hi. Its usually with the lettuce and for sure its at Public, Winn-Dixie and Whole Foods. Whole Foods have a beautiful variety. Green juice for breakfast also helps with constipation and not eating as much could give you some problems down there.