Friday <3

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
How's everyone doing!? I normally weigh myself mid-week but I didn't this week so I have no idea if I'm up or down...Monday will be a surprise. :smile: Hopefully it's a good surprise! My plan for today is to do 60 min. of cardio and some strength training at the gym.
I have an excellent book that I highly recommend, it's called The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises by Adam Campbell. I actually like it better than New Rules of Lifting for Women.

I liked Maxi's idea from the other day...what are you going to do for an extra 15 minutes today for a bonus challenge...for an "extra burn" that you wouldn't have done if I hadn't mentioned this? Come back on tonight and tell us if you took the challenge and what you did for your extra 15! Thanks for the challenge Maxi!

Have a great day everybody!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Double post
  • LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am planning to lift some weights today in addition to the cardio. I had been doing this before but I got really really sore the last time i did weights and haven't started back yet ( about two weeks. )
    Have a great day everyone!
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am about to lose my mind today! I watch my friends 5 month old but honestly I don't know how much longer I can do it. This baby is so needy unless he is being held all he does is cry. I can't even get up to get myself something to eat. I was hoping to get up early and go to the gym before my husband went to work but that didn't happen so I will be going tonight. Plan on going through the strength workout the trainer gave to me and doing C25K W3D3.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    5 month olds can be a handful! I don't have kids currently, but I used to work at a day care taking care of two little boys that were both about 6 months (up until they were 18 months). I hope your workout let you feel better!

Looks like a lot of people did strength training yesterday. I went for a long walk, but other than that took the day off.

I didn't do so well yesterday (Friday). On my current rotation there are no residents so I usually just follow what the fellow does (orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine). I was so mad at him yesterday because after our lecture in the morning I was going to head home because the only thing going on was a group going to lunch and then the same lecturer was giving another talk about the same subject. He made me go to lunch so then I got stuck going to the second lecture, listening to the same thing over again. I didn't eat lunch because it was cafeteria food and they didn't have anything vegan. So not only did I have to sit through the lecture another time, I was so hungry when I got back to my room that I overate. :grumble:

I know it's not really his fault (he doesn't know I'm vegan and I think he was just wanting to include me or something) - it's totally my fault because I let myself overeat. But it was just frustrating and I felt disappointed with myself last night :blushing: - and I had a stomach ache because of my foolish choice. :sick:

BUT today is a new day. I'm going to go get my hair done this morning - my hair is wavy, but not in a good way and tends to be wild so I perm it which forces it to be a little more controlled. I will make better choices today! :wink:
  • angbieb
    Options
    I am planning to lift some weights today in addition to the cardio. I had been doing this before but I got really really sore the last time i did weights and haven't started back yet ( about two weeks. )
    Have a great day everyone!

I did too Leah! I know when you're feeling sore like that you don't want to lift again...I sure didn't want to! But I hope you will reconsider and try for two times/week. You will be sore at first, but once you're doing it regularly you are going to have such awesome results! You should get that book I mentioned in my post..The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises...they have it on Amazon...used, for like $6..I promise you won't regret it! Get that and some 5 lb. weights and maybe a big exercise ball and you'd be set! :flowerforyou:
  • angbieb
    Options
    I am about to lose my mind today! I watch my friends 5 month old but honestly I don't know how much longer I can do it. This baby is so needy unless he is being held all he does is cry. I can't even get up to get myself something to eat. I was hoping to get up early and go to the gym before my husband went to work but that didn't happen so I will be going tonight. Plan on going through the strength workout the trainer gave to me and doing C25K W3D3.

That sounds really stressful! I was in the same situation and I told my friend that I couldn't do it anymore. I don't think it's good for you to have that stress..I can literally feel the strain in my chest right now just thinking about it..I lost sleep over it because I felt bad..like I was letting my friend down. But you just can't put yourself through that on a daily basis...not healthy.:frown: I know it's hard though...you have to go with your gut feeling.

Hugs:heart:

PS Great job on your running and workouts girl!!! You rock!!
  • angbieb
    Options

I didn't do so well yesterday (Friday). On my current rotation there are no residents so I usually just follow what the fellow does (orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine). I was so mad at him yesterday because after our lecture in the morning I was going to head home because the only thing going on was a group going to lunch and then the same lecturer was giving another talk about the same subject. He made me go to lunch so then I got stuck going to the second lecture, listening to the same thing over again. I didn't eat lunch because it was cafeteria food and they didn't have anything vegan. So not only did I have to sit through the lecture another time, I was so hungry when I got back to my room that I overate. :grumble:

I know it's not really his fault (he doesn't know I'm vegan and I think he was just wanting to include me or something) - it's totally my fault because I let myself overeat. But it was just frustrating and I felt disappointed with myself last night :blushing: - and I had a stomach ache because of my foolish choice. :sick:

BUT today is a new day. I'm going to go get my hair done this morning - my hair is wavy, but not in a good way and tends to be wild so I perm it which forces it to be a little more controlled. I will make better choices today! :wink:

I would have been upset too! Did you tell him that you wanted to go and didn't want to sit through the lecture for a second time? Maybe worth mentioning it to him...it would save you a lot of grief right?

You should start packing a little lunch to take with you so you don't have to go the whole day without eating...some healthy snacks..I'm not really sure what you eat for a Vegan plan...maybe some string cheese, almonds, apples, yogurt?

I'm so jealous that you are getting your hair done! I need to get mine done..but don't have the $$ right now. But enjoy it! That is a great way to treat yourself and you deserve it!!:heart: