Hypothyroid and Cold

Options
aggiejk94
aggiejk94 Posts: 14 Member
So when people talk about being cold when you are hypo, does it ever happen when you are trying to take a nap and no matter how many blankets you put on, you are freezing? It only happens during naps in the morning or early afternoon and not during the day when I'm up or at night when I'm sleeping. Weird.

Replies

• juliehuestis
    juliehuestis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a heating blanket in the winter because of this. During the night I seem fine, it's more during the day!
  • monicag47
    Options
    hypo always cold, but i am now having a problem sharp tingling in my lower leg i take armour thyroid, i have a physical later this month, also weird heart skip a beat like i am going to pass out.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have that issue as well. I am currently unmedicated, hurrah for being poor! I tend to double up on socks when this happens, as it is usually my feet that get mind numbingly cold. I also have roughly five blankets on my bed, and I typically sleep in a hoodie. If it's really bad and I just can't sleep, I'll take a hot bath or soak my feet, and/or use a heating pad.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am cold day & night. I have socks on all the time, sweater or sweatshirt, etc. & I still am cold. With me it is not just a night issue.
    I think all of us are different on this.

Recently when I had my script renewed, the dr. office called in Synthroid instead of the levothyroxine (sp?) I had been on. I know these are supposed to be name brand & generic but the same. Surprise! I have not been having cold issues since going on Synthroid. I go for a check up at endo on Friday & am going to discuss this with her.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My hands and feet are always freezing.

monica471982- i think your dose is too high! any heart palpitations or tingling bits is not a good sign, can you reduce your dose slightly?
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am always cold at bedtime. No matter how many blankets, how high the heat, I am FREEZING when I get into bed at night. I could be fine all day and then when I try to go to sleep I am shivering. It's crazy! Then I end up sweating around 4:30 in the morning!

My hands and feet are always cold too! The kids squeal when I touch their bare skin. LOL!
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my temp plummets in the evening..sometimes its 34.5 degrees c

I've had heart stuff going on in the past too and the cardiologist i saw said it can be a symptom of underactive and overactive thryroid....mine seems to be linked to my meds (I'm on T3).

kat