'How to'...for learning to squat over toilets! 4/12

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
YOU will build up your muscles and this will never be an issue! You will out squat anyone in a battle!!This will prove helpfuls especially for those of you who have to use the porta-potty in races!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU40Xsmaqgs

I love these! Trust me you don't have to do many and you are calling out for God to rescue you! What a great way to build muscle in the glutes and hams and quads and the heart too! Wooo HOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzUwIg9r7jM
I showed this one just for a varied way to hold the weights.

I say do either 3 sets of 10. Or if at the end of your workout do 12-15. Have fun!

Peace and laughter,
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I do squats every where. My poor knees but they hate lunges even more than squats. We did a type in tabate the other day that was completely disfuntional for me.

With weights at should height, squat, come up, squat again and at the same time raise the weight to a press position, jump up, repeat. I couldn't seem to cooridnate the weight rase with the squat down. It was a really brain work out as well as the legs.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    We did these in class too! whew!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Super Trainer gave me a break on the squats today because of ankle (was swelled up to size of orange by the time I got to the gym, so we focused on some different types of weights and exercises to give it a little break) but she does tell me I have good form when I do them (even in class) same with lunges. And I developed the habit of when I'm standing around (at work, at home, or at random times during my walk... when I'm walking) of doing 5 squats and 5 lunges (each side) so I can end up with 15 of each some days. Just need to get in the habit of doing ab work when I get home in the evening!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi! I've just joined this group
    And I developed the habit of when I'm standing around (at work, at home, or at random times during my walk... when I'm walking) of doing 5 squats and 5 lunges (each side) so I can end up with 15 of each some days. Just need to get in the habit of doing ab work when I get home in the evening!

And what a great habit to develop! Awesome :happy:
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Those look like a killer. I will give it a go, perhaps tonight. It is late though. UHOh I am making excuses.