The Weekly Male Stop (4/6 - 4/12)

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
I had a decent week eating-wise. I spent the weekend on a juice cleanse (I know, not too manly, but I do at least one per year). I'm trying to taper down my eating so I won't blow it when I'm down recovering from surgery in May. My workouts are going good, slowly improving my cardiovascular (intensity and duration). I can now easily do 1000 calories 90 minute workout.

Only 1 lb lost, but I'll take it.

SW: 236
CW: 230
GW: 190

Replies

• FitGoal165
    Options
    I posted a gain this week. I gained 0.8 pounds. Well, you can only dance on the minefield for so long before you step on one. I am hitting the gym after work today and getting back after it. I've been slipping on working out and that needs to stop. So what have we learned today, people? Get your butt in the gym or suffer the consequences. Ha!

HW 192
    SW 182
    CW 168
    GW 160
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I gained a bit over the weekend but dropped it without too much extra work. Blood pressure is down out of the hypertensive range, which was the whole thing that started this weight loss thing for me.

SW: 208
    CW: 187
    No longer clinically overweight: 185
    Goal: 175
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Sorry I'm late for the show. When I stepped on the scales last Friday, there was only a drop of .2 lbs from the previous week. Iwas a little frustrated as I have dropped at least 1-3 lbs each week since starting in January. But at the same time I was glad there was no gain after going to two crawfish parties last weekend.

I probably over-did it again last weekend, but it was only one day and I got right back on track. I'll get my meter to the "40 lbs lost" area this week.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. This morning, a couple lady employees at work said I was looking pretty good. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

-Kevin
    SW: 247
    CW: 208 (No longer obese!)
    GW: 180-190
  • nick64quandry
    nick64quandry Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi guys i need some friends i an dired of being fat

i am borderline diabetic
    i have high blood pressure
    and i am tired of my stomach turning the corner a foot before me
    snd 3x tall shirts are hard to find

sw 304
    cw 300
    gw 250
    hw ? whats that

s
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    hi guys i need some friends i an dired of being fat

i am borderline diabetic
    i have high blood pressure
    and i am tired of my stomach turning the corner a foot before me
    snd 3x tall shirts are hard to find

sw 304
    cw 300
    gw 250
    hw ? whats that

s

HW is my "highest weight". About a year before I joined MFP, I weighed 192, which was my highest. I started watching my food intake more closely (but still not exercising really) and was 182 when I started on the site. So, I put in the HW as a reminder of how much a weighed at one time. Because being 8 biscuits away from 200 pounds was not a good look at all and I don't want to EVER forget that.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    HW is my "highest weight". About a year before I joined MFP, I weighed 192, ...

I'm not even sure I know what my highest weight was. I know when I started on this journey on Jan 8th, it was 246.8 and I've wondered what it was after Thanksgiving last November. I might have topped out at 250.

I also wonder what my starting measurements were. I never measured until I had already lost my first 8 lbs. At 239 lbs, I had a 49.5" waist. Last month at 215, I was at 42". That was 10 lbs ago and I think I need to measure myself again.

I'll see y'all tomorrow. It's time to start a new weekly thread. Good luck all!
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Gents - glad to be back; I've been in and out of MFP for a couple of years - no excuses, let's just say life got the better of me for a while. Lowest I was at was 217; creeped back up to 235, so decided to give it one more try. I also quit posting on the other boards, got a little tired of the judgmental attitudes and lecturing by some of the members on the other boards, but I've been watching this one for a while, you guys seem to have it together...just like a 12-step program, ultimately we have to do this for ourselves, but it helps to be in a "room" with others going through the same thing. One thing I have learned in my 54 years, I have to like myself first before anything else happens. Good luck to all, and thanks for letting me share.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    I also quit posting on the other boards, got a little tired of the judgmental attitudes and lecturing by some of the members on the other boards, but I've been watching this one for a while, you guys seem to have it together...just like a 12-step program, ultimately we have to do this for ourselves, but it helps to be in a "room" with others going through the same thing. One thing I have learned in my 54 years, I have to like myself first before anything else happens. Good luck to all, and thanks for letting me share.

Dude! That's exactly how I feel! I not only left a few other groups, but I also changed my MFP settings so that it doesn't post all that silly junk. Who cares if I burn 200 calories walking the dog or completed my diary and was under my target, or that I logged on for 5 days straight? And then to have someone tell me I'm not eating enough when I'm not asking? Pffft! :bigsmile:

Please do come in and post once or twice each week. Haha. I guess this is kinda like sitting in a room, "Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm fat." :laugh:
  • dad040859
    Options
    Nick64 - hang in there, man. Since you just joined, once you start reading some of these boards (I've found this one is one of the best) you'll hear it over and over - we didn't get where we are overnight, and we won't get to our "GW" overnight, either! Patience is key; read these guys' posts often, and you'll stay inspired.
  • henryvg2
    henryvg2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost a lb this week. Back to where I was when i went on vacation 2 weeks ago.

Sw 264
    Cw 250 (get to move that big bar on the scale-yee hah)
    GW 200

smallest weight-8#5Oz

Since it's happening slowly, I'm not seeing a lot of the change in my body. Maybe need to start doing measurements.
  • thadius65
    thadius65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a judgement free zone......

It finally happened - I hit a wall. First week of zero loss. Some could be due to the beer qty in Pittsburgh (GO PENS) last weekend, but I thought I compensated enough with two 22,000 step days, along with dual workouts each day this week. I got "officially" weighed in at work for our Wellness Program. I am only 2lbs away from going from Obese to Fat. 10lbs to go to hit my goal of 225.

So here is to another week and lets work to get Fat together! (stupid weight charts)

Ted
  • dad040859
    Options
    [/quote]

Dude! That's exactly how I feel! I not only left a few other groups, but I also changed my MFP settings so that it doesn't post all that silly junk. Who cares if I burn 200 calories walking the dog or completed my diary and was under my target, or that I logged on for 5 days straight? And then to have someone tell me I'm not eating enough when I'm not asking? Pffft! :bigsmile:

Please do come in and post once or twice each week. Haha. I guess this is kinda like sitting in a room, "Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm fat." :laugh:
    [/quote]

Ha! Yeah, I turned off all those notifications a long time ago, too. No offense to anyone, but I quit doing the friend thing, too. You're right, I was having a hard enough time with myself without hearing how 8 other people logged in for the "10th" "15th" or "1000th" day in a row EVERY morning.

And Kevin, it turns out we're shipmates; I was active duty Navy from '81-'88, spent my first tour down at Kings Bay and the second up at Great Lakes. Didn't stay in the reserves though, kind of wish I had. Thanks for your service, man!