Over 40's chat, friend, whatever...

Options
Hi, i am 46 and i see so many younger people on mfp but i would like to have interaction with people in my own age group, as in over 40. We are older yes but can also be seen as over the hill, no longer sexy, blah, blah. Well im fighting back!!!!! I feel more sexy now at 46 than i did at 30 and i just dont see why i should hide the fact. I have been overweight since i was 23yrs old so for the first time in 23yrs i feel GREAT. So if you are older than 40 then stand proud and dare to feel good, You are all welcome to friend me and i will give as much support i can as well as chats on how if you are an older person your ment to be modest and sweet " spew ". I can now wear skinny jeans and knee high boots and i do!!!! So let the silly young girls look at me funny, what do i care. :smokin:

Replies

• wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The great thing about getting older is I am much more comfortable with who I am and much less concerned with what other think of me.
  • gypsylosefat
    Options
    Yep and thats how it should be. i don't want to fade into the background
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    not much hope of me doing that

I've got 40+ years still ahead of me and intend to live them, so I need to make sure I sort myself out now so I'm in good health and fit enough to enjoy them
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ and I feel much better about myself than I did 20 or 30 years ago. Apart from my waist being a couple of inches bigger, I think my bod looks better too. I wear skinny jeans and skirts above my knee and will happily shop in the 'young girl's' stores. I'm not ready for the rocking chair for a long time. :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Don't *kitten* with me...I'm wearing skinny jeans...making up for being in a fat coma for 20yrs.
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi turning 46 this year and have 50ish kg to loose my wife is a couple years younger and she has just lost 50 ofs wears our 17year olds clothes now and loving it.
  • fredhack
    fredhack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    53 years of age father of two great boys.I live in Brisbane - western subs. Since I was about 35 I have been constantly fighting my weight. I was always a sociable person with a very busy social life with the usual habits that go hand in hand with that. eg Meals at restaurants and loads of alcohol on a regular basis.

I have lost 8 k'sin the last 4 weeks, and getting into the walking in an attempt to lose more weight, and get some kind of fitness back.

Happy to chat anytime...

Fred
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am a single mum, 44, work full time in Sydney, been at MFP for about 5 months and have lost 15kg this year, currently 74kg and aiming to lose about another 15kg (maybe 10 I don't know, I'll have to see when I get there). I log in every day, try to visit friends every night, just depends how busy I am, but I think it is great to have "pals" who are in the same time zone.

Please read my profile (and/or my blog) and if you think we would be compatible friends, send a friend request with a message.

My blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SkimFlatWhite68

• themeIcanbe
    themeIcanbe Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all. Now I am 50 I have finally faced the fact that I will never be the same weight I was at 20! For the past two years I have been working on my fitness and nutrition (sort of) and have gained instead of losing. So time to be realistic and aim to be fit, strong and healthy. I need inspiration and I need to be committed.