Hello

Options
petersonabt
petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
I will be moving to the area in about 2 months. I would love to make some fitness/active friends. I want to continue my active lifestyle when I get to the area. So any tips on places to go hiking or other active activities. or different 5k/10ks in the area. anything would be helpful. I have never been to Texas before and excited to get to exploring. :)

Replies

• Mumble_Bee
    Mumble_Bee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome to the area! I'm afraid I'm rather new myself and can't help out much in terms of places to hike, etc... but, I hope that you find what you're looking for, and that you thoroughly enjoy it here. :)
  • HungryCaterpillar121
    HungryCaterpillar121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi - I know I'm late responding, but I just joined the site. You can always hike around the lake grapevine area - there are a lot of trails there. Also Katy Trail and White Rock Lake have nice paved areas to walk at.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I will have to look into those!
  • hadiyajade
    hadiyajade Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    well hello group.... mesquite here
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Cedar Hill is about the only "real" hiking that you'll get around here. What part of the metroplex are you moving to? I grew up in FW and live in Dallas, so I know a bit about each city :).
  • penelope76
    penelope76 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will be moving to the area in about 2 months. I would love to make some fitness/active friends. I want to continue my active lifestyle when I get to the area. So any tips on places to go hiking or other active activities. or different 5k/10ks in the area. anything would be helpful. I have never been to Texas before and excited to get to exploring. :)
    Hi ! Im in Fort Worth!
  • hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I just moved to far NE Benbrook a couple of months ago... I love it here :) hoping to meet more people from the metroplex!
  • zackery2011
    Options
    Hello I just moved from Delaware a year ago to Arlington . I am looking for some MFP friends near me. I am a 23 year old working female, trying to get healthy again.
  • jaiblevins
    Options
    I was hoping this would be a more active group! Anyway, If anyone is still active on here, and lives in the East Dallas/Whiterock/Lakewood areas, and wants a running partner, send me a message.