Constipation on LCHF?

Options
2»

Replies

• Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bottom line...it is about F A T S (dietary )....You cannot go low carb and low fat, just won't work!

Please google how the intestines process foods....and quit this fiber/water myth... really, it is about F A T S :bigsmile:
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Some very interesting ideas, so the last few days i have been putting psyllium husk in my shakes, and that has got things moving i'm happy to say, but as i do like natural , i will check out the coconut oil and flax seeds next week as they sound good too. I take my shakes mixed with almond milk with chia seeds and sometimes i put berries & spirulina in too!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I had to add a probiotic to my diet.

I've been having issues forever (even when I was taking psyllium husk containing fiber pills) with constipation. I'm thinking about starting to take a probiotic. What do you take, what is the availability (I've never looked for one,) and how fast / well is it working for you?

sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious :smile:
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I started making a conscious effort to drink more water (at least 8 cups a day) and it's made a big difference.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I had to add a probiotic to my diet.

I've been having issues forever (even when I was taking psyllium husk containing fiber pills) with constipation. I'm thinking about starting to take a probiotic. What do you take, what is the availability (I've never looked for one,) and how fast / well is it working for you?

sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious :smile:
    I take Jarrow Formulas - Jarro-Dophilus + Fos. It is the only one I could find that is soy free. I buy it on Amazon. It started helping in about a week.
  • Hawaiian_Shirt_Day
    Options
    I've found that more water and taking magnesium did the trick for me.
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bulletproof coffee did the trick for me- I don't think I was eating enough fat previously and all the water and fiber supplements just seemed to make things worse. One cup of bulletproof coffee (black coffee+tbls coconut oil+tbls butter) and balance was restored :)
  • fluffy925
    Options
    Looks like i spoke to soon, after 3 days on the pyllium husk, it stopped working, now i tried magnesium today and nothing :sad:
    think I'll try probiotics next or the bulletproof coffee :embarassed:
  • fluffy925
    Options
    Looks like i spoke to soon, after 3 days on the pyllium husk, it stopped working, now i tried magnesium today and nothing :sad:
    think I'll try probiotics next or the bulletproof coffee :embarrassed:

And the winner is: PROBIOTICS !

thanks for all your suggestions :smile:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow! Not to hijack the thread, but to the person who mentioned Natural Calm Magnesuim thank you! I just read the reviews on Amazon and they are stellar. I have some anxiety and trouble sleeping. I am going to try this supplement. I think this supplement will help with constipation as well.

Also many people have tried Intestinew, another magnesium supplement.

Be well and healthy everyone. Low carb saved my life!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    P.S. I love Fat Bombs. They help those late night cravings and GI regularity.