Hello all. New to the group

Options
Hello everyone. First I want to say I am a work in progress. I have made a few changes such as giving up sugar in my tea and morning coffee but still struggle with the foods containing sugars. I do not eat much processed foods if any. I have given up dairy and after dong so found I was allergic. That was by accident when I started drinking almond milk. I look forward to learning more with tips, recipes etc and going 100% clean. :smile:

Would love it if anyone would like to become friends. Thanks!

Replies

• Marga40
    Marga40 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the group. I've found that everyone falls somewhere on a spectrum of clean eating, and it's nice to have support for where ever you are with that. For me, I avoid almost all processed foods- but there are one or two things that do persist in my diet. It's been a process of many small changes over the last few years. I started by cutting all fast food, then diet soda, then switching to organics, and then cutting out additives. It's made me a bit of an obsessive label-reader (and forced me to learn to cook!). I do enjoy talking about this topic, so feel free to add me!

:happy: Marg
  • LiveBetterDaily2013
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for the welcome. I find myself doing the same with labels, I avoid soy, use Stevia, no fast foods and actually never liked soda. I did have to cut real sugar from my sweet tea (aka my life blood I think lol). Small easy life long changes. I am not sure if you know of this but I found a site called Fooducate. It's on the web and has a mobile version. It rates foods and gives you better alternatives. I was so shocked to learn many so called healthy choices are actually not. It will show GMO's and sugar contents. I find myself creating my own "new" food combo' and learning to cooking better.

I love your profile pic and would be glad to be friends.
  • Marga40
    Marga40 Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow, that site looks really useful! I just downloaded the app. It'll be helpful to know the GMO's just by scanning. Seems like it makes the labels much easier to see as well. I'm going to try it out next time I go shopping. Thanks!
  • LiveBetterDaily2013
    Options
    I was tickled to find it. I started scanning and checking groceries I already had in the house. I have a new found "fear" of sorts about gmo's, eeeew! One shocker was at my daughter house, she had an adult brand cereal supposedly great for weight loss which had more sugar than my granddaughters kids cereal! That floored me. The adult cereal wasn't as "Special" as one would think. Ummm hint hint. :wink:

Enjoy and have a great night!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the "fooducate" site! That is extremely helpful to a newbie like me. I'm trying to get away from processed snacks (most of my meals are homemade, so not as much of an issue) so this will be a great help when the craving does hit... I can at least go for a lower processed snack!

Thanks again!