weight loss has slowed

Options
rdonald57
rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
Got to try to get back on induction. This other weight loss is just too slow. Its like watching grass grow.

Replies

• mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck! What did you start adding that you think might have slowed down your weight loss?
  • rdonald57
    Options
    i went over 20 carbs a day and and started eating those atkins bars. Also added nuts.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    i went over 20 carbs a day and and started eating those atkins bars. Also added nuts.

How many calories/day are you eating?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    The Atkins bars will do it.
  • rdonald57
    Options
    Do any of you guys check and see if your in ketosis?
  • highervibes
    Options
    Do any of you guys check and see if your in ketosis?

I do every now and then. I'm usually pink, not purple. I keep my calories around 180/day and I find that's a good way for me to lose 1-1.5lbs/week for now (I'm 215)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Definitely cut out the processed bars, and add more fat. People seem to be afraid to add more fat, but im certain that if you increase your fat, and go back to induction levels that you'll start losing again. i eat the fattiest meats (chuck, ribeye, bacon, etc), And add fatty foods and sides such as avacado, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, etc. be sure to get your greens in also. No need to count calories at this point, especially if you're going back to induction. Some folks stay on induction longer to lose faster but you will plateau eventually. If you happen to he metabolic resistant, then you can always do a fat fast for a few days to break it. I did a fat fast a while back and it does work (lost 8lbsmin 4 days), but difficult. Hang in there and experiment a little to see what works for your body, we're all different.
  • highervibes
    Options
    Definitely cut out the processed bars, and add more fat. People seem to be afraid to add more fat, but im certain that if you increase your fat, and go back to induction levels that you'll start losing again. i eat the fattiest meats (chuck, ribeye, bacon, etc), And add fatty foods and sides such as avacado, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, etc. be sure to get your greens in also. No need to count calories at this point, especially if you're going back to induction. Some folks stay on induction longer to lose faster but you will plateau eventually. If you happen to he metabolic resistant, then you can always do a fat fast for a few days to break it. I did a fat fast a while back and it does work (lost 8lbsmin 4 days), but difficult. Hang in there and experiment a little to see what works for your body, we're all different.

What is a fat fast?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    It's from the old school version of Atkins (72) , which Dr. A recommended for those who were metabolically resistant and could not lose weight on a low carb diet, even during induction, and could also be used short term to break a plateau. Some people who lack information claim that it's dangerous but I have lived through it with no ill effects. I do recommend that you research before doing it though. In a nutshell you consume 1000 cals per day consisting of 90% fat, eating only 5 times per day.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Here is a sample and additional FF info:

Five feedings of 200 calories each containing 90% dietary fat
    - 1 oz. Macadamia (15 nuts), Brazil (7 nuts), or Walnuts (15 nuts)
    - 2 oz. Cream, St. Andre Cheese, or Brie.
    - 2.5 oz. Beef (Chuck or Round).
    - 3 slices of Fresh Slab Bacon
    - 2 Egg yolks mixed with 1 oz. of mayonnaise or mixed with 1/2 a California avocado.
    - 2 oz. Sour Cream (not for yeast free diets) mixed with 1 Tbsp. Caviar (This may be served on 3-4 pork rinds).
    - 2 Egg yolks mixed with 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise served on 3-4 pork Rinds.
    - 2 oz. chicken, egg, shrimp, salmon, ham or crab mixed with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
    - 1 oz. chicken, egg, shrimp, salmon, ham or crab mixed with 1 tsp. of mayonnaise served in 1/2 a California avocado.
    - 2 oz. heavy whipping cream, sweetened with DaVinci syrups. This may be beaten to make a fluffy mousse.

Choose any 5 of the above items to have during the day. The items may be repeated. Space the meals evenly throughout the day. Choose organic/free range produce whenever available. Drink at minimum 8 eight-ounce glasses of filtered water.

When getting off of FF you will experience a slight weight gain. I gained back 1.5lbs, but it settled back after a few days back on induction.
  • highervibes
    Options
    I thought it was fat-free eating for a period! I have heard of a "potato hack" and thought it was similar. Thanks for the info, here's to hoping I never have to do one!!! lol
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Here is a sample and additional FF info:

Five feedings of 200 calories each containing 90% dietary fat
    - 1 oz. Macadamia (15 nuts), Brazil (7 nuts), or Walnuts (15 nuts)
    - 2 oz. Cream, St. Andre Cheese, or Brie.
    - 2.5 oz. Beef (Chuck or Round).
    - 3 slices of Fresh Slab Bacon
    - 2 Egg yolks mixed with 1 oz. of mayonnaise or mixed with 1/2 a California avocado.
    - 2 oz. Sour Cream (not for yeast free diets) mixed with 1 Tbsp. Caviar (This may be served on 3-4 pork rinds).
    - 2 Egg yolks mixed with 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise served on 3-4 pork Rinds.
    - 2 oz. chicken, egg, shrimp, salmon, ham or crab mixed with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
    - 1 oz. chicken, egg, shrimp, salmon, ham or crab mixed with 1 tsp. of mayonnaise served in 1/2 a California avocado.
    - 2 oz. heavy whipping cream, sweetened with DaVinci syrups. This may be beaten to make a fluffy mousse.

Choose any 5 of the above items to have during the day. The items may be repeated. Space the meals evenly throughout the day. Choose organic/free range produce whenever available. Drink at minimum 8 eight-ounce glasses of filtered water.

When getting off of FF you will experience a slight weight gain. I gained back 1.5lbs, but it settled back after a few days back on induction.

Great break down! I'm back on induction and I may need the fat fast to get me going again
  • rhlnda
    rhlnda Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found I have problems with sugar alcohol, so Atkins bars cause a sugar high. I only eat them now when there is nothing else available.
  • rdonald57
    Options
    okay I am going to try this for 5 days to see if I can get back in Ketosis. Ony subsittute will be that I add 2.5 ounces of deer sausage as an additional choice and only because I have a bunch of that available for cheap.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    okay I am going to try this for 5 days to see if I can get back in Ketosis. Ony subsittute will be that I add 2.5 ounces of deer sausage as an additional choice and only because I have a bunch of that available for cheap.

Please keep us posted on your progress, however, the deer sausage may hinder your weight loss, depending on the ingredients in the sausage (such as fillers) and the amount of fat & carbs.
  • lisaeliz1
    lisaeliz1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi CoCoMa! I am starting Atkins tomorrow, but I'm a total newbie. I've seen several of your posts mention a "fat fast" to get you over a hump. Can you please explain what you mean? I might need to understand that in a few days! Thanks for your time. ---- just as soon as I posted that, I saw your earlier explanation. Neverrrr miiiiiind!!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Hi CoCoMa! I am starting Atkins tomorrow, but I'm a total newbie. I've seen several of your posts mention a "fat fast" to get you over a hump. Can you please explain what you mean? I might need to understand that in a few days! Thanks for your time. ---- just as soon as I posted that, I saw your earlier explanation. Neverrrr miiiiiind!!!

That's quite alright. Let me know if you plan on doing it. I am thinking about starting a FF, maybe tomorrow...