How are you logging squats under exercise?

Options
Romey5
Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
I tried to look up squats to record as exercise, but nothing came up. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You can look it up under strength training but it doesn't give you any cals burned estimate.
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Found this article on how to calculate how many calories you are burning while doing your squats: http://www.livestrong.com/article/313995-calories-burned-during-squats/
  • Romey5
    Options
    Great, thanks! If I go by the livestrong guidelines I would burn about 120 cals doing 10 minutes of squats (12 cals/min). Also found info that a 135lb person doing 15 min of squats would burn around 108 cals. I think about 10 cals/min would be a good estimate...

I'll have to time myself tomorrow and see how long it is taking me. I'll probably be sooo sore tomorrow though that it will take me longer than today!
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I tried to look up squats to record as exercise, but nothing came up. Any ideas would be appreciated!

The best way is to wear a heart rate monitor to track your burned calories.
  • Romey5
    Options

The best way is to wear a heart rate monitor to track your burned calories.

Great idea! Thanks!
  • Smarty76
    Smarty76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done:-)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how to do this as well, but then I downloaded Runtastic Squats from the iPhone App Store (free version). It counts your squats for you using the same technology FitBit or the Wii uses. And it syncs to MFP so it adds in my calories and time for me.