Ideas for the challenges

Options
Hey all. My name is Sharon and I want to lose some real weight to the summer. The challenges start on April 16 and Last until May 28.

The idea is there will be teams (the amount depends on how many people join) and each team competing with each other to get points. The team with the most points wins each week. The team that wins the most weeks will win the overall challenge. You get points by the amount of weight loss each week or daily challenges such as who drinks the most cups of water for a particular day. The challenge varies along with points. This is a work in progress and any ideas or suggestions will be great.

I want to try and keep everyone motivated and lively so in the end we all win...

Good luck.

Replies

• vbisnath
    vbisnath Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey all. My name is Sharon and I want to lose some real weight to the summer. The challenges start on April 16 and Last until May 28.

The idea is there will be teams (the amount depends on how many people join) and each team competing with each other to get points. The team with the most points wins each week. The team that wins the most weeks will win the overall challenge. You get points by the amount of weight loss each week or daily challenges such as who drinks the most cups of water for a particular day. The challenge varies along with points. This is a work in progress and any ideas or suggestions will be great.

I want to try and keep everyone motivated and lively so in the end we all win...

Good luck.

I'm in what is the first challenge and do we begin on the 16th of this month?
  • vbisnath
    vbisnath Posts: 35
    Options

Good luck.

For Ideals I am now challenging myself along with a bunch of others doing the 30 day squat challenge...you will see it in the fitness forum....it is challenging and short term so it is a great motivator for a team.
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So will there be a separate thread for each challenge.

I started the 30 day squat challenge about a week ago, it's a great one. I'll join if you want, but don't want to mess up the team/point idea, so happy to join a different challenge at it's starting point.
  • sharonpaiva
    Options
    I'm so happy to meet you all. We will start the "game" on Tuesday. I'm sure we all have very busy schedules so the challenges will be fun and things we all should to do to get to our goal. Also this is a work in progress and any suggestions will be awesome...Tomorrow I will give out the details to begin the game....So looking forward to working with you all.
  • DeniseMarSi
    DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So I definitely want the challenges to "challenge" me, but am wondering if maybe we can have levels of challenges. Like Easy, Medium, and Hard.

The only reason I say this is because we are all at different levels, and sometimes I want to do a challenge, but just am not ready for it, but there may be other challenges that I am okay at, and is still an accomplishment. Challenges are motivational if they are just out of your reach, but not so overwhelming that it is easier just not to do them.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but just a thought.