Day 1

Options
spatticus
spatticus Posts: 230 Member
Hey everyone, I'm really excited to get started! If you want you can introduce yourself and tell us some of your goals! I'm a stay at home mom to 4 year old and 7 month old boys, I've been on this journey every since I had my first son, and now that I am done having kids I'm ready to be in the best shape of my life! Currently at my lowest weight by ready to kick it up a notch and get FIT! Would love to lose my last 8 pounds and then not worry about the scale and focus on muscle. Two piece this summer..maybe??

Replies

• MusicMusic
    MusicMusic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 20 something year old female, no kids. I want to lose 7 lbs by the summer. Would love to be confident in a two piece this summer!
  • weightingitout88
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kirstyn, I am a full time Soldier, and mother of two. I have a ten year old Stepson, and a two year old little boy of my own. I gained a good deal of chocolate chip muffin weight during pregnancy, and had an issue puting them away post baby. So- I've never been one for 'crash' diesting, and have taken my time. Now a good, 63lbs down I am mainly toning and losing body fat, not just weight which is what I think is making it the hardest. Im all about the weights & running, toning here I come! I bought a pair of size 3 jeans (currently a 5), that's my goal- and when I get to it, I get to it!
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 29 yr old single mom of 3 (ages 11, 7, and 5) I work 2 jobs, my full time is from 7-3:30 and my part time is from 6-9. I was 185 at my lowest which was almost 3 yrs ago.... something in my personal life changed and I went into a deep depression for about 2 yrs. I didn't realize what had happened to me until just last year. I got up to 225. I started my lifestyle change in Oct 2012 and I've lost 25-27 lbs (my weight always fluctuates 2-3 lbs). So my 'mini' goal is to get to atleast 190, but my ultimate goal is to lose body fat (I would like to be at around 15-18%) and then of course gain/tone muscle and be super fit and sexy :tongue:

:flowerforyou: Good Luck for everyone!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am a stay at home mom of a 3 yr and 5 yr!! I've lost almost 35lbs and have the last 15 to go to get to my ultimate goal weight!! I would love to be there by summer and need lots of motivation wine the last 15 is the hardest!! I'm excited. About the group!!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm a 20 something med student. So I don't have any kids of my own, but I spend my day learning about how to take care of other people's children. That plus I do a lot of studying... so I need some help being accountable to find time for myself. And I'd really like to rock a swim suit for the first time EVER.

We got this! :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Im Lenny and im maintaining . Heres to the new group:)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm Christina... 26 years old. 5 feet 5 1/2 inches and currently 137 pounds. I will make 130 pounds at some point during this summer. I have no immediate timeframe but my goal is to lose 1/2 pound a week.
  • mljacobs23
    mljacobs23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm 38, 5'8", 152 pounds. Work has been busy, and I end up taking a lot home on weekends and evenings. Eating healthy and exercising had fallen to the wayside over the past 2-3 years. I gained about twenty pounds and was pretty frustrated with myself since I had lost 50 in my late 20's early thirties and had mostly kept it off. It took awhile to get motivated, but I've finally made going to the gym three mornings a week and tracking calories a routine. I'm losing about half a pound a week. I've lost 13 pounds and would like to lose between 5 and 10 more. I have more muscle definition than I've ever had, so I'm pretty happy about that. I figure my weight will plateau in the next few months, and that's the weight I'll work on maintaining, while continuing to work on body fat reduction and overall fitness.
  • sleche
    sleche Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi I'm a 30 single working mom of 3 (12,9,4). I hit my heaviest after my last child at 190. I've been losing weight off and on the past year and dropped 42 pounds so far. I have 8 pounds I need to lose by may 2. To hit 140. Then after that I'd like to drop between 5-10 more pounds but will mainly focusing on toning. I want to be able to wear a bikini without a shirt or a cover this summer!
  • Carells
    Carells Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

My name is Jenna. I am a stay at home mom to an almost 5 month old boy and I nanny a 6 month old girl. I put on a good deal of weight during pregnancy (65 pounds) and am finally 15 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy size! I am 5'5 131 now. Summer is coming so it is time to kick it into gear! I want to be a MILF lol lol jk!
  • anastasiathin
    Options
    I am 21 and in the exact same situation. I really just want to tone tone tone :)
  • jazzy1a
    jazzy1a Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm janine 49 y/o currently at 128 lbs (lost 16 since January) and want to get down to my ideal weight of 120 (just to say I did it!) .
    I'm in a diet bet game and need to lose 2.5 lbs in the next two weeks or I lose my $$
    I've had an awful wkend of great discouragement and blew my calories (TDDE -20% =1550 a day) yesterday and today :cry:

The pounds seem to come off easier when I first started now it's agony just to lose 1/2 pound a week! I work out cardio 3-5x a wk and do hot yoga for 90" 2x a wk...

My biggest problem: not being able to stop eating once I start at night time, I just get so super hungry!

Well that's my sad story, I hope others do better than me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Dave and I"m 55 years old (wow, Dave, you really ARE old! ).

I've been married for 30 years and have 3 kids: 24, 21 and 18. My oldest son is out of college while both my younger son and daughter attend college now. I'm a sales director for a large networking company. Over the last 15 years, my eating habits became very poor and I spent WAY too many hours sitting at my laptop while on endless phone calls. As a result, I gained about 50lbs during this period and my posture got worse and worse.

I started to turn my health around almost by accident In October of 2011. When my old gym closed, members were given a one month pass to a new gym nearby. This included a coupon for a free session with a personal trainer. I signed up and met with the trainer. It was one of the best decisions I've made. My trainer has helped me focus on maintaining better eating habits despite my busy schedule, frequent business travel and a significant sweet tooth. I also asked him to push me very hard during workouts, so I wouldn't slack off, and he gladly obliged :wink: Last year I decided that I needed a challenge, so I signed up for the Tough Mudder event held at Mt Snow in Vermont. It was a painfully fun day.

My food plan is based on 2000 cal/day with a 50%C, 30%P, 20%F ratio. I load these numbers into MFP manually, so I don't use the system to calculate Macros/cals. My weekly workout program until last week was 3 days strength/3 cardio, but I'm moving to 4 cardio days / 2 strength days as I prepare for this summer's challenge, a half marathon.

My starting weight was 235lbs and starting BF% was 34%. As of last week, I weighed in at 187lbs and 20.5%BF. My goal is to get to the 175-180 range, with a BF% of around 16-17%.

Well, that's (more than) enough about me.

Thanks to Spatticus for setting this up. I'm really looking forward to helping each other as we complete the last few steps to reach our goals.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 4'11" and I have about 8 pounds to lose to reach my doctor's suggested goal weight. I started out 8 months ago about 50 pounds heavier! Hopefully I can lose some of the flab around my belly and look hot and lean this summer and forever more!

It's really hard to lose weight so close to goal. Mostly because I hate being in any sort of calorie deficit and want to push all out during my workouts without hitting "the wall."
    I work out daily but I have a big appetite since I started strength training in January.
    I eat between 1500 and 1900 calories a day.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm Cassy. I'm 23 yrs old. I'm a midwife full time so always rushing around on my feet. Currently out of exercise due to an OP. So I'm hoping to get into it in 4weeks when I get the all clear. Im 5ft7 and currently 136lbs I started at 150lbs. My goal is 9stone so 10lbs to go. Then the toning starts. I am very pear shaped and I hate my hips so hoping my body will melt some fat in the last 10lbs from there. :) xox

Edit cause predictive text has a mind of its own :P
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I started on this healthy journey about 2 years ago, and lost a total of 74 pounds so far, and I would like to lost about another 10 pounds or so and most importantly continue toning. I have so much loose skin right now and I live in miami Fl, so I would like to get into a bathing suit this summer.....

The initial 50 pounds came back easy, but have been working on the last 10 pounds for months now...I know it is hard to loose the last 10 pounds, but it seems like it is just taking forever.