Calories creeping down...

Options
I've cut my carbs way back this week to around 20-40 range and increased my fat intake. As a result, my appetite is nonexistent and my calories have been in the 800-1200 range which is fairly low for me. I'm not aiming to go this low, just sort of happens that I'm full longer with this way of eating. I'm just curious if any other low carbers have experienced this or if you keep an eye on calories at all. Thanks for your input :)

Replies

• mangoduck
    mangoduck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm having a very hard time with it right now.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm usually quite low, but more during the week, the wknd I find lots more I can eat :)
  • rae_32
    rae_32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    adding in healthy fats that are dense in calories are a good way to bump your calories up... I rarely eat a salad without EVOO and cheese and both bring my calories up quite a bit to like a 500-700 calorie salad.. also cook your meats in a healthy fat (butter, EVOO, coconut oil), as these are quite dense in calories as well... nuts and cheeses are of course also pretty dense in calories... I do hear you though I find that I am always pretty satiated and could easily skip meals here and there if I wanted to...
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll stock up on some almonds and try adding them in as snacks. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll stock up on some almonds and try adding them in as snacks. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I think its the big shift in eating styles and options, before low carb I used to buy lunch - sushi, hot chips etc. but now, not much near work offers low carb options so I just eat a salad every day.
    Whereas at the wknd I usually have more time to prep food, or more options when eating out, so my calories tend to be higher. Plus the wknd wine props the total up slightly :)
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the somewhat the same problem, but I am usually around 1200 calories - don't really go too much less than that (only occasionally). I have my MFP set at 1600 calories daily. Some days I do find that I am not that hungry and I have ate all my allow carbs so I just go with it.
  • sue2328
    sue2328 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and found if i went too low the weight loss slowed. When i log my food for the day, if I am way under my calories i just eat a piece of cheese or some nuts( almond or brazil) to bring my calories up but not the carbs.