Introduce yourself here

Options
sparrett
sparrett Posts: 23 Member
Hi,

My name is Shannon. I've been living in Taiwan for 3 years. I try my best to eat clean and take advantage of the beautiful veggie markets. However, the oh so prevalent 7-11's, dumplings, and greasy fried Taiwanese food can break me at times. I'm hoping to reach out to ANY other Myfitnesspal users who are living here. Share recipes, healthy dining options and words of encouragement to get through the struggles of the Taiwanese diet.

So come on in, grab a tea and introduce yourself!

Replies

• russell359
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Russell. I've been living in Taiwan since October 2008. I'm aiming to loose around 20kg or whatever I discover is the healthiest option for me. I'm from the UK. I have similar problems in that I rely on the fast and cheap food that is readily available here in Taiwan, but I need to change and live a more healthy lifestyle.
  • sparrett
    Options
    Welcome Russell,
    Looks like it's just you and I right now. Check out MFP in China group. A few more people there. My best advise for you, hit up those veggie marts and start cooking for yourself or try BBQ'd foods, not as delicious as fried noodles or dumplings but certainly healthier.
  • russell359
    Options
    Thanks Shannon, I'll take a look at that other group. I've started cooking more for myself, and also started using a sleep monitor app on iOS which works quite well I think called Sleep Cycle Alarm. Though still need to control what time I go to bed.
  • krackertw
    krackertw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Helen.

I'm living in Taichung and have being using MFP for over a year now.
    It's really nice to see a group especially for Taiwan, and I hope to be friends in this group, encouraging each other :)

Actually I'm a pretty low profile person, so I might not be that motivating.... but this year after the New Year, I have been off the wagon, and struggled to get back to my regular workout routine, but still couldn't get back to it, only doing workouts about once a week. So I hope to find some new friends here, and also discuss on the topics going on in this group.
  • sparrett
    Options
    Welcome Helen,
    I'd like to invite you to also check out the group MFP China. There's quite a few members and many conversations to join. We'll keep recruiting for Taiwan but in the meantime you may find some useful information there.

As per Taiwan, how are you doing? How's the New Year? My biggest struggle is the convenience of quick food which is often fried, oily or worse... microwaved. I've solved this temptation by falling in love with veggie marts and trying to cook more meals myself.

Good luck in your healthy journey!
  • gypsyonee
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chelsea. I've been living in Taiwan for the past 7 years.
    I just switched from Noom to MFP last week. (I loved Noom but didn't feel the calorie counter was that accurate.)
    So far I like it here (so I might be here to stay!).

I do have one question though. How come MFP doesn't enter calories when I add weight workouts?