Just another starter

Options
Hello everyone. My C25K began today. I expect this is pretty familiar and unexciting to most folks here, but unless I announce my start publicly it will be far too easy to drop out. I'm going to do this. I'm going to run until the jiggling stops.

Replies

• ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! You'll do great!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm still jiggling, so I guess I'll be on here with you for a while :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's always exciting when someone starts the program. You can do this.
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    IDontLikeRegistering Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. Looking forward to joining you in the Graduation thread! Did W1D1 yesterday. Matter over mind seems to be the key so far...
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking those first steps.
    And do be excited, its a big thing. Soon you'll be smashing the 30 minute runs, graduating and giving all sorts of advice and supports.
    Indeed mind over matter features a lot.
    Good luck
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Welcome here! You made a great decision. Soon you will run for long runs and you will be mindblown how far you have come.

It is exciting to see so many who start the program, well done everyone! Getting started is the biggest step.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good to see you are interested in running...I started running with the c25k program last year. The program seemed like work but was not overwhelming. Completed the program and ran three 5ks. This year I am upping my distance and working on courses with hills (vs. gentle inclines). I did 4.5 miles on a hilly course yesterday...
    Enjoy,,,
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the program and welcome to the group!! We'll be here to cheer you along the way!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "just another starter" If it was easy to run, we'd all be doing it. Congratulations on making this this far. W1D1 is a huge milestone - perhaps the biggest. Take it slow. Let the program guide you. And let us know how you're doing!