New on the Plan and to the group

Options
Butter167
Butter167 Posts: 4 Member
Hello All,

I picked up The Plan bc I was interested in why yogurt, salmon, asparagus and oatmeal (all the things I ate) were doing me more harm than good and it was a totally different approach to a so called "diet" that I was used to.

I am on my 2nd round of The Plan, I got to day 9, and then I kind of fell off, My to question is should I restart from Day 1 to get my body back to homeostasis or should I pick up where I left off?

I have found that only being 28 and having a stomach of steel (Seriously, I can eat a fried bologna sandwich) it has been difficult to realize which foods are "reactive" to me. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to notice if I'm reacting to a food?

Thanks for your help, hope to keep it up this time through ideas and motivation of the group!

Anne

Replies

• kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Butter167,

Welcome to the group! I think that 2nd week of The Plan causes a lot of people to drop out. I think that whether to begin from the start or go back to day 9 depends on how long it's been since you stopped. If it were me, and it had been several months or more, I'd probably start from 1. If it had been more like 1-2 months, I might start from Day 3 as you're not supposed to do the cleanse too frequently.

For me, besides weight gain, the symptoms of reactivity are fairly subtle. Feeling a little bloated or gassy, feeling tired for no reason, noticing yeast on my tongue in the morning. But weight is the primary thing I track and I do it daily.

However, I'm not really an expert, just another plan user like you. If you want a more official opinion, you can check out the Lyn-Genet Facebook page. She and her associate answer user questions every day. Note that there seems to be two different FB pages. One is a community, similar to this one. The other is Lyn-Genet's official page and that is the one you'd want to try.

Keep us posted on your progress. How did you do with The Plan the first time around and what caused you to fall off?