Rest Days

Options
torismith001
torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
So rest days....gotta admit I'm loving it but I have to ask....are we supposed to avoid exercising today so that our body can recover or are we supposed to be motivated to work out other ways besides insanity for today. For example...I rode my bike to work and back today for the first time. Total of 4 miles. Was that bad?

Replies

• ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had this dilemma. I hose to rest as was fit test next day so wanted to b fresh for that, but a bike ride should b good for u
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think that if you were going to the gym putting in a full on weight session or going for a long run on your rest days, it would defeat the purpose. But I think a bike ride, jog, hike or walk is Ok:)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont do anything more strenuous than a walk on rest days
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    For example...I rode my bike to work and back today for the first time. Total of 4 miles. Was that bad?

Depends. Did you do it in 5 minutes? :laugh:
  • torismith001
    torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Haha no it took about twenty
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you feel ok, then I think it's ok to exercise. As you get more in the program and your body gets used to the workouts, you'll want to keep going. I don't intentionally take a rest day because life sometimes gets in the way of me doing the program anyway, so I just go until I have to miss one day or too tired or whatever. Do what works for you.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That is fine. Believe me, when your body has had enough and REALLY wants you to rest on a rest day, it will tell you. But, as long as you can keep it light to moderate, you body will have enough time to recoup to hit it hard next week.
  • BGoetz93
    BGoetz93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i think you should be fine. on my rest days i usually just go for a mile or two walk. just dont over do it!