Week of April 15 through April 21

Options
Hi all, I am repeating some exercises from last month. Hope you all don't mind.

Monday: stretch. Feet hip width apart, bring arms up to meet hand to hand in front of you(as if praying) , then over head as you take a deep breath in, hold for a count of 3, out to the sides and back down , release the bad air. Start over again.

Tuesday: Funky march. Just bring those knees up high as you can while raising the alternate arm up, high, high high. Reach for the sky. Get a good heart rate going with this one.

Wed: hip extensions again. Yep, you know the drill. All fours on a pillow on the floor, on the couch or on the bed. Then raise that leg up straight out behind you, straighten, hold for a count of 5, back down. Try for 5 on each side.

Thurs: Are we tired yet??? Are WE? Ok not enough work? here we go then, I am going to get tough on you. LOL Sideways stretch. Feet hip width apart, bring arms up to meet hands above the head, then lean gently to the left stretching your side and arms over. Hold for a count of 5 or more, gently stretch to the other side.

Friday: jumping jacks. If you can not jump (like me) then just do the arm part of these. They really work that upper body and arms.

Sat: Go for a 10 minute walk. Inside, outside, all 10 minutes at once or even in 1 minute increments. It all adds up.

Sunday: grab some canned food and lifts those weights. Hold arms out in front, palms up, food in hand and curl towards your shoulders.

Replies

• walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't mind the repetition at all. You worked hard to get these together. I do like the stretches. mine are done.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I plan to do all these this week! I just printed them out - made the print bigger - and they will reside on the ice box hopefully with a big red check mark buy each at the end of the week! I'll let you all know how successful I am! Thanks for doing this!!
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished the stretches. I've got a bad shoulder, but did as well as I could.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Good ones! Stretches done! I think stretching does more for the body than lifting 100 pounds at my age. 5 pound weights are heavy enough for me!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love the stretches. Mine are done for the day. They are a good stress reliever, too.:)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Got the stretches and the marching done!!! :wink:
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Marching done. Fun!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined MFP two weeks ago and I guess I'm just coming out of the closet. lol I love your stretches and will have fun joining you. I was beginning to fear I was the only 60+ here!
  • gramanana
    Options
    I did Monday and Friday, but forgot Tuesday and Wednesday. I will get to those tomorrow.:laugh:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi pearlmorning, we are so glad to have you joining us. Glad you love the stretches.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have red check marks by Monday and Tues exercises - Wed I had to replace with waistline turns! :smile:
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Hi I joined MFP two weeks ago and I guess I'm just coming out of the closet. lol I love your stretches and will have fun joining you. I was beginning to fear I was the only 60+ here!
    There are many of us 60+ youngsters here!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Got the leg extensions and side bends done!!! :smile:
  • gramanana
    Options
    Real jumping jacks completed--30! Hip extensions finally done. I knew I could catch up!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Believe it or not, I kept up with you this week. Since I haven't been exercising on a regular basis lately, these mini challenges kept me going. Looking forward to next week.

Thanks