First sign of results?

Options
kellegg22
kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
I have about 10 or so days left of month one and I'm not seeing anything changing (except my endurance, which is awesome). I'm trying to be patient. Then I see people who look totally different on day 30 and I don't see a thing. Discouraging :(

So when did everyone start seeing their body transforming?

Replies

• koolaidman67
    Options
    I think it all depends on your body type. I just did my second fit test and can see change in my stomach and endurance. Two weeks ago I weighed 270 lbs, I have lost 10 lbs so far so I kind of expect to see results faster because of all the fat I have. A lot of people have said that they didn't see any changes till the second month. Take pics on day 30 and compare to day 1 i bet you will see a difference.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    i did a post with pics! look on the topics... i thought i didnt have changes but i was wrong
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think that your endurance is the best sign...your form will become more accurate, you'll start working harder and killing even more calories!

I finished day 18 today and I haven't checked my weight in nearly 4 weeks...comparing my progress pics to now I don't see much of a change...BUT I can tell in my clothes. I tried on my winter jacket today (yes, sadly my winter jacket is still out where I live) and it was tight all winter...today it felt much more comfortable in it (just in time to put it away!...). I'm nervous to check my weight (I will on Thursday) as I've heard you don't lose to much in the first month but my current NSV are keeping me going!!! Keep it up!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Month 2 is where your results come, more specifically, the last two weeks. Month 1 is just preparing your cardiovascular system along with the rest of your body for the hell it's going to be put through in the second month. Don't expect to really see any huge changes in body composition during Month 1.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Month 2 is where your results come, more specifically, the last two weeks.

I really hope so. I did Day 48 today. Rest day tomorrow then 2 more weeks. Yayyyyyyyyyy :drinker:
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hi. i try not to go off weight.

most people report the biggest changes in month 2. when you get there you will see why.

take measurements and photos ( i do it every fit test) and you will see results. remember all that work you're gaining lean muscle! which is heavier then fat. but the more lean muscle you have the more calories and fat you will burn ( this is one of the reasons women should also lift weights....but that's another dissection)

the only other thing i could suggest is your eating
    Are eating enough calories? you need a higher rate of calories for something like insanity, if you don't give your body enough fuel it will go into starvation mode ( which will make it hold on to everything you put in.) so eat small meals often to fuel your body and increase your metabolism(which will help stop the starvation mode)

also do you follow the nutrition guide supplied with insanity. nutrion is about 75% of the success of the programs. healthy nutrient rich food in controlled portions will get you there you( look up clean eating) if you fill your calories with chocolate and burgers 'not saying you do btw' you are not gonna see a positive results as if you were eating the same calories but of lean meat, wholegrain past and breads and good old fruit and veg .

i hope this all makes sense. important not the bestial explaining what i mean.

you can add me if you like will tryvand advise you ss best i can
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed after three weeks of Insanity: I feel good and my running has improved. After strengthening my core and lower body with the various power moves, I've managed to speed up my pace by 40-45 seconds (used to run 10-minute miles and now I'm doing 9:20-9:15-minute miles).

I use a HRM for Insanity and haven't been too impressed with the calories burned despite FEELING like I'm giving 110% (averaging ~300/workout) but I'm hanging in there and look forward to higher numbers in month two (5'6, 147 lbs, 37-year-old female).

I guess taking measurements would be a good idea!
  • BGoetz93
    BGoetz93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So i just finsihed month one. im on recovery week now. i took 4 week pictures on sunday and i didnt think i saw results when i was just looking at myself in the mirror but i used pic stitch its an app. and put the day one picture next to the 4 week picture and i definitely see results! i lost 7 pounds so far. im not really toned much but my stomach shrunk a bit. definitely have to be paitient! Look online at insanity progress pictures thats what gave me motivation when i needed it! Wish you the best of luck
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for pic stitch, I have done m1 and at the end FELT that I was smaller, stronger and fitter. I look in the mirror and think I look smaller but tape and weight unchanged I just used pic stitch thanks to someone here and I can't see any progress in front or rear shot but side profile is awesome, a big difference in my stomach size n that is exactly why I wanted to do it, so different methods show different results, fit test progress is good. I am addicted and love it, although not the carpet burns on my elbows from low planks
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    although not the carpet burns on my elbows from low planks

lol, Cardio Abs gives me awful carpet burns with that last move.....
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I've nearly finished month 1 and so far I've lost 4-5 lbs I think. i can see definition in my shoulder, and my stomach is definitely smaller. I haven't taken comparison photos yet but will do in recovery week I think. Can't wait for month 2 (actually i can, i'm terrified!!) but if that's when the real results come in then bring it on!
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So gladi am not the only one with carpet burns, I showed my mates they were all thinking what the hell was I doing......