introduction - and discuss Weight versus frame size

Options
Lieann22
Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
Hi ladies

I am 33 living in the UK.

Hi all

I am 5'11, I was 210 lbs and I am currently weighing 179 lbs, looking to get down to 154 lbs.

All help and motivation greatly appreciated (please feel free to add me as a friend).

I find being tall its difficult to know what the "right" weight for you is as you are proportionally bigger than most girls.

I am large framed so even though so of my friends are the same height and clothes size as me - and to be honest I look slimmer and more toned than some of them too - I still weigh at least 10 lbs more. Even when one of them was heavily pregnant.

Whats everyone's views on weight versus frame size ??

Replies

• ljk0828
    ljk0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have to reply to you because all your numbers are so similar to my numbers. Body twins :P I am 5'11," started at 205, currently at 175.. want to look at 150 to start and see how I feel.

I have definitely had a hard time figuring out where I want to stop, because 1) it's been a while since I weighed less than this, and 2) I'm not actually sure of my frame size. I have pretty broad shoulders, and I feel large, and even at my heaviest I carried my weight pretty evenly. People didn't believe that I weighed that much.. which helped me feel okay about keeping it on for so long, I think. Enablers! But some measurements I've done indicate that I may be on the small side of medium, or even possibly small. It confuses me. We shall see.

I sure wish I had some friends who were my height. One way to have a look, if you haven't seen it, is www.mybodygallery.com, it's such a cool idea! Everyone uploads their body photos, and you sort by shape, size, height, weight, etc., and can have a look at what bodies your size actually look like, as well as have a look at your goal weight. It's awesome :D
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also 5'11, and my starting weight when I joined MFP was 204. I'm currently 189.

I am a true-and-true large frame size. My wrist measurements never fall below 6.5".

At my all time slimmest, before children and after an incredibly restricted, extremely low calorie diet, I weighed 167 pounds. As soon as I stopped following that eating plan, I jumped back up to 180.

Having lost, and maintained weight after my first child was born, I was very healthy looking and feeling when I hovered between the 170 and 175 mark. I could have stood to focus a bit more on losing body fat / gaining lean muscle, but it was a good weight for me.

Here I am, after 2 kids (my "baby" is 4.5) and I'm working at being more active, following a healthier lifestyle which includes cardio and weights. Like I said, I'm currently 189 and am working towards building lean muscle and burning more fat. I would be happy to sit at 180, which would still probably put me at looking smaller than I did at 175 because of a lower body fat percentage overall.

Most days when I look in the mirror though, I couldn't imagine losing another 10-15 pounds, I just don't know where it would come from without sacrificing some of the muscle I have been working on building. Besides, no one can see the number on the scale but me. ..heck, they can't even see the size on my clothing labels. This isn't about any of them, it's about me being healthy and active and having a balanced lifestyle.
  • hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'10 - 5'11 ... all depends who measures me. My heaviest was 170lbs and my lightest was 135-140. I honestly felt a lot healthier when I weighed less. Though there were people trying to shove cheeseburgers down my throat, I was no size zero. I'd focus more on how you feel than what the scale says though.
  • kizzykat60
    kizzykat60 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

Hi all

I am 5'11, I was 210 lbs and I am currently weighing 179 lbs, looking to get down to 154 lbs.

All help and motivation greatly appreciated (please feel free to add me as a friend).

I find being tall its difficult to know what the "right" weight for you is as you are proportionally bigger than most girls.

I am large framed so even though so of my friends are the same height and clothes size as me - and to be honest I look slimmer and more toned than some of them too - I still weigh at least 10 lbs more. Even when one of them was heavily pregnant.

I am 6 feet and 144lbs. I am a medium to small frame. I know for my mother which has a larger frame and same height can not go below 160 without looking funny and sick. I look funny above 159lb. So my range is 139-159.
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and have a medium to large frame. I hold and build a lot of muscle though so I am not ever going to be a skinny minnie, The most I have ever weighed was 197 and my least ever (in high school when I was playing 3 sports) was 172 and this was with very very lil body fat and mostly muscle. Some people just have larger frames and hold weight more evenly, even though the scale doesn't say what they want. I am super guilty of doing this. I am currently at 176 at 28 yrs old but I still want that number on the scale to get down to 160!! I will let you know how it goes but it is a daily weigh in struggle but I am determined. Don't get discouraged! You can do it!!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lot of it depends on your body shape as well. Being tall and carrying your weight in different areas changes how people view your size. At 5' 9.5, my heaviest was 160 and lowest (after two years of calorie counting and a summer of running) was 135 but still a size 10. Even at my biggest, many people (including my VERY honest sister) thought I weighed significantly less since my weight was roughly proportionate to my height. Think about the BMI figure and how it compares height to weight. At 135 I was toned but would need to run and count calories every day to maintain it. I am now at 150 and back at the gym. Being taller, we will have more muscle on our bones to support a larger frame proportionally. I feel that my healthy weight is around 145 if I maintain a moderate activity level.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    5 ft 10 here - I have also found that even at my lowest weight of about 160 lbs, eating very healthily, working out 6 times a week, I was still only a UK size 12-14! I feel I'd need to get to about 140lbs to feel truly slim, as even at 160, middle of the healthy weight range for my height, I still wasn't 'small' - I still felt large due to wide hips and ribcage, even though at that point my collar bone, hip bones and upper ribs were visible (not in a bad way) but still visible!
  • byrdy420
    byrdy420 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lieann22 wrote: »
    Hi ladies

Hi all

I'm 5'11 at my heaviest I was about 215 and I have recently met my goal wieght of 150 I fluctuated a lot so about a year ago I went from 175 which I thought was a good wieght for me to 30 pounds of fat in a fast 4 months and said he'll to the no to that *kitten* so the past six months I started working out for the first time and eating healthy and got down to my lowest of 150 with fat still to lose but defiantly no more wieght loss planned! I might even put on a little more but not fat wieght! At 150 I'm a size 7 and I look skinny so I'm trying to put on more muscle now with diet cardio and wieght training! Feel free to add me if you like, my diary is open as well!7rju3yowdq57.jpeg
    0qjsl3f6px6x.jpeg