Atkins Question

Options
skinnyme47
skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
I am on the induction phase of Atkins. I am staying below required carbs, but on the last few days I gained weight. (I agree it is only .2 pounds, but I gained .2 pounds on the last two days. For me, it seems like I lose weight only when I stay below 1200 calories and below 20 carbs.) I might add that I have had a total thyroidectomy last year, so that doesn't help either. I seem to have a hard time drinking the right amount of water, could that be it?

Replies

• livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wouldn't be concerned. Most people's weight fluctuates,sometimes a couple pounds a day! Your carb and calorie count are great. Sounds like you are doing what I did, and that's weigh yourself every day. Many experts say that it's too discouraging because of the fluctuations. I admit it's been a year and a half and I still weigh daily.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on induction? how much weight are you trying to lose? Please share a typical meal for the day and we can provide feedback.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 18 more pounds, but after a total thyroidectomy, it is kind of hard. I have been on induction for 11 days. I usually have two eggs and bacon with tea in morning, a salad with chicken for lunch with water, an Atkins bar if I am hungry in afternoon and some sort of meat with a salad for dinner. I have been trying to stay under 20 net carbs. I also walk every day between 5,000 and 10,000 steps.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 18 more pounds, but after a total thyroidectomy, it is kind of hard. I have been on induction for 11 days. I usually have two eggs and bacon with tea in morning, a salad with chicken for lunch with water, an Atkins bar if I am hungry in afternoon and some sort of meat with a salad for dinner. I have been trying to stay under 20 net carbs. I also walk every day between 5,000 and 10,000 steps.

Some people experience stalls with the bars. Try to cut those out for a week to see if there's a difference. Also, you're in the final stretch of your weight loss losing would be slower. I would also suggest adding some greens at every meal, like spinach for breakfast, or kale chips for a snack.