Week 6'ers?

Options
I managed the dreaded week 5 day 3 with much more ease than I feared...how proud was I..
onto week 6 now and it's started off well.

how y'all getting on?

Replies

• mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it took me 2x to do w5d3 cuz I had to research on how other ppl were able to jump from 8 mins to 20 and found out the secret was very slow and steady and it worked, now im on w6d3 and im doing fantastic, I've realized as long as I go slow and steady I can do a couple miles without stopping and that is something I never ever thought I would beable to do.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    "I can do a couple miles without stopping and that is something I never ever thought I would be able to do."

Yep. That's running.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have found week 6 to be easier physically, but having a hard time staying motiviated. Had a chest cold last week so it's taken me 10 days to get my 3 runs in, but hopefully, will be done tomorrow morning if not tonight. I think if I signed up for a race it would motivate me a bit more.
  • Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    it took me 2x to do w5d3 cuz I had to research on how other ppl were able to jump from 8 mins to 20 and found out the secret was very slow and steady and it worked, now im on w6d3 and im doing fantastic, I've realized as long as I go slow and steady I can do a couple miles without stopping and that is something I never ever thought I would beable to do.

Exactly! It feels silly at first "running" so slow but I found that it is the trick to be able to go the long distances. Speed will come with time :)
  • sandyinsc
    sandyinsc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 tomorrow and everything is great! Accomplishing Week 5 Day 3 was such a morale boost! ...and reading everyone's posts in this forum... it's been incredible!